1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

What not to do for New chicken owners!

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by missliss1675, Sep 29, 2014.

1. missliss1675

missliss1675 Just Hatched

May 24, 2014
    I'm not feeling to bright today. My chickens have started sneezing and I was very worried. I have been on every site trying to figure it out. Well it's my fault. They are very impatient when I go out to feed them. I realized by continuing to pour feed while they are eating I'm pouring the dust into their nostrils. They only sneeze at feeding time.

1 person likes this.
  2. iwiw60

iwiw60 Overrun With Chickens

Jan 27, 2014
    Central Oregon
    Aside from the sneezing they are experiencing right now from the dust, why don't you solve your problems with PVC pipe feeders? Just fill them up...done. Much less loss of feed and everyone's happy, especially me!

[​IMG]
    The two on the left are for their feed, and the smaller one on the right is their oyster shell. I don't know what age your birds are right now...if they are still chicks put chick grit in it, if they're laying, put oyster shell.

1 person likes this.
  3. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

I think you are going to be a fabulous chicken keeper! You used common sense and figured it out. Good for you! [​IMG]

2 people like this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by