What OCD things do you do?

I don't think most of these posts qualify for OCD but more of habits,preferences and routines. Sorry folks. While I am not a big sweets or candy guy but when I have cookies they have to be dunked, no exceptions. That certainly does not make me OCD but freaking out when I can't get something perfect, absolutely. I was obsessing when I built my coop that it was a an 1/8" out of square,that's classic OCD at its best.

Last edited:
Ohh i'm Baddddd... Not just with food but everything. In the shower I count how long the conditioner is in my hair, I have to wash my body twice or I feel dirty, everything has to be even numbers. My nik knacks are evenly placed, everything HAS to be centered!!!! Friends think it's funny to come to my house and rearrange just to watch me fix everything immediately after I notice it's out of place. Even my hatches are even numbered! If I have a hatch that is odd numbered I have been known to go out and get a chick to make the numbers right. My clothes HAVE to be folded a certain way, if not I wash/dry and fold over again. <that ones baaaad... Dishes have to be done a certain way, cups and glasses first, then bowls, then plates, then pots n pans, lastly silverware. Knives first, then forks, spoons. When I vacuum if the lines are not perfect I do it all over again ( I am a self employed housekeeper for a living, no wonder my clients keep me around for years) I am really picky when it comes to cleaning in general. The pictures hanging on my walls HAVE to be perfectly centered, I break out the tape measure and the level to be sure. If a picture is hanging crooked I WILL notice. I won't even go into the coop cleaning madness LOL! Let's just say those birds are smelling like a million bucks and living large in a coop clean enough to eat in. So what do ya think? Am I certifiable?
lol.png
hmm.png

Don't step on the lines on the sidewalk

Count the yellow stripes between me and car in front of me

Lift my foot up and down between the yellow lines while driving

focus on people's bad teeth unintentionally or excessive mustaches on women when having a conversation

unmatched tires on cars

Poor spelling

Eating candy by color

Ohh i'm Baddddd... Not just with food but everything. In the shower I count how long the conditioner is in my hair, I have to wash my body twice or I feel dirty, everything has to be even numbers. My nik knacks are evenly placed, everything HAS to be centered!!!! Friends think it's funny to come to my house and rearrange just to watch me fix everything immediately after I notice it's out of place. Even my hatches are even numbered! If I have a hatch that is odd numbered I have been known to go out and get a chick to make the numbers right. My clothes HAVE to be folded a certain way, if not I wash/dry and fold over again. <that ones baaaad... Dishes have to be done a certain way, cups and glasses first, then bowls, then plates, then pots n pans, lastly silverware. Knives first, then forks, spoons. When I vacuum if the lines are not perfect I do it all over again ( I am a self employed housekeeper for a living, no wonder my clients keep me around for years) I am really picky when it comes to cleaning in general. The pictures hanging on my walls HAVE to be perfectly centered, I break out the tape measure and the level to be sure. If a picture is hanging crooked I WILL notice. I won't even go into the coop cleaning madness LOL! Let's just say those birds are smelling like a million bucks and living large in a coop clean enough to eat in. So what do ya think? Am I certifiable?
lol.png
hmm.png

You would never survive in California where the pictures are always crooked. Small earthquakes happen every day and knock them out of whack. I gave up on that years ago.

I have OCD bad, If I'm at a grocery store where you bag your own groceries it takes me forever. When i get to that last bit of stuff it it doesn't go together I unbag stuff and rebag. Everything has to be in a sequence, or in order by size, color or alphabet. Lines have to be strait. So rugs on the floor have to fit strait with the grid of tile. I had a tile floor in the kitchen that the tile grid was not exactly square with the room, so if my rug was square with the room it didn't line up with the tile, if it was square with the tile it didn't line up with the cabinets. I would lose sleep over this till I removed the tile floor. My husband thought I was crazy for what he said was removing a perfectly good floor. I had to remind him it wasn't perfect.

As for food haven't really thought about it before, I do eat the crust off bread first, before I eat a sandwich even if its on a roll. I don't put cold food on the same plate as hot food.

Classic Chicken Math.
lau.gif
Yea, to make the numbers right. Suuure.....
big_smile.png

lol.png
hmm.png

I'm not sure if it's technically OCD...but I am a neat freak. Even when we're entertaining friends I am usually cleaning up in the kitchen and holding a conversation to everyone else sitting in the next room over. I just can't stop. I am also meticulous about organizing things in our house...books...scrap papers...food...etc. etc.

I too do the thing w/ the waffles! It must be cut a certain way & then eaten in a certain way too. If the DH or the kids happen to fold towels, I need to re-fold it otherwise the linen closet is not "having the right energy flow"
th.gif

Back
Top Bottom