1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

What peachick's do i have? Mixed colors...

Discussion in 'Peafowl' started by thegman, Aug 29, 2013.

1. thegman

thegman New Egg

Aug 29, 2013
    Hi everyone. This is my first post on BYC and its great to join. I am not new to keeping birds as i have had ducks for years but i recently just got into peafowl. I incubated over a month ago 3 eggs that a friend gave me and they have all hatched fine. I am however confused to what type of peachicks they are as their colors are rather mixed. Could anyone please give me some help on what they are? I was told that their parents where Indian blues but from the research i have found so far they do not look like Indian blue chicks...

Thanks in advance for replies!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. pedda munnangi

pedda munnangi Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 19, 2012
    Look like Indiablue ( bottom ) and the other two are Indiablue pied.

3. new 2 pfowl

new 2 pfowl Overrun With Chickens

Jan 13, 2012
    California
    [​IMG], or at least the corner we call the Wonderful World O' Peas!!!!

4. 3BirdGirlz

3BirdGirlz Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 18, 2013
    Montana
    Welcome and congrats on your hatch! This is my first year also with peafowl...I love them!!! I raise chickens and have raised ducks in the past. You will love this place for advice. It's great talking to the people and meeting their peas too :)

5. zazouse

zazouse Overrun With Chickens

Sep 7, 2009
    Southeast texas
    I agree with pedda.
    here are a couple of my pied as an example.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. thegman

thegman New Egg

Aug 29, 2013
    wow they look lovely! Yes i do love my peachicks. I let them out of the brooder for 10 minutes and they run wild. They love following me as well. They are also picky eaters when it comes to their food.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by