What price should I ask for my geese at the Fair?

Discussion in 'Geese' started by Sunny Side Up, Jan 7, 2011.

1. Sunny Side Up

Sunny Side Up Count your many blessings...

Mar 12, 2008
    Loxahatchee, Florida
    I will be entering 3 young Emben geese in our county Fair. One gander, two geese. Hatched last spring, about 9 months old. I would like to sell them all, together or separately. What would be a fair price to ask? Or should I ask people to make offers & take the highest?

This is not a big fancy professional poultry show, but a LOT of people come through looking to buy birds. I've been able to sell POL purebred pullets for $25-$30. But I've never shown or sold geese here. Of course, I'd like to get the best price I can for them, to help pay for everyone else's feed back home.

Thank you for your imput.

2. D'Angelo N Va.

D'Angelo N Va. Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 28, 2009
    hmmm I was at a poultry show in late fall and they were asking 75. for a trio of chinese...and embdens are more expensive so I would say maybe $120. for the trio or maybe 50. a piece....I would pay it for Embdens.

3. floridaquilter

floridaquilter Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 31, 2010
    Crescent City, FL
    I bought three full grown toulouse. one being full dewlap, one mixed dewlap and one straight toulouse. I paid $30 each. I am so tempted to buy some embdens but only have an acre so I must behave [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by