What Quail Breed(s) Do You Have?

Which Quail Breed(s) Do You Have?

• Total voters
Tuxedo and pharaoh are colors/patterns not breeds. Japanese and coturnix are the same thing just two different ways people refer to them, technically I think it’s coturnix japonica, (forgive my spelling) or Japanese coturnix.

I raise coturnix, I have pharaoh and tuxedo patterns, as well as others, but mostly tuxedos.

I have coturnix quail. I love them so much! This is some of them, Crickets on the left.
D4F8075F-E973-4503-9229-B75B310B1345.jpeg

Tuxedo and pharaoh are colors/patterns not breeds. Japanese and coturnix are the same thing just two different ways people refer to them, technically I think it’s coturnix japonica, (forgive my spelling) or Japanese coturnix.

I raise coturnix, I have pharaoh and tuxedo patterns, as well as others, but mostly tuxedos.
Just so you know, button and king are the same as well. Coturnix Chinensis.

Well... "buttonquail" are a different, wild species. But many people call coturnix chinensis button quail to be confusing 😅 .
Oops! Sorry, I don't know a lot. :) Thanks for the information!
I have coturnix quail. I love them so much! This is some of them, Crickets on the left.View attachment 2435594
Aww, they're beautiful! :love Thanks for sharing pictures!

I have Coturnix japonica (Japanese quail, often called Coturnix even though there are other Coturnix species). My adults are all Jumbo Wilds (also known as Jumbo Pharoahs or Browns) but I have a few others in the incubator — Snowies, Italians, Egyptians, German Pastels, Jumbo White Wings, and Manchurians. All are different color varieties of Coturnix japonica.

Back
Top Bottom