What Rabbits Do You Have? Show Off Your Rabbits Here!

Coolest Rabbit Breed Out Of These?

• Holland Lop

Votes: 108 21.3%
  • English Spot

Votes: 14 2.8%
  • American Fuzzy Lop

Votes: 11 2.2%
  • Mini Rex/Rex

Votes: 107 21.1%
  • New Zealand

Votes: 94 18.6%
  • Polish

Votes: 13 2.6%
  • English Lop

Votes: 33 6.5%
  • Mini Satins/Satins

Votes: 14 2.8%
  • Lionhead

Votes: 112 22.1%

• Total voters
Pics

shadow rabbit10

Crowing
7 Years
Mar 3, 2012
New Jersey
Hi everyone! I raise rabbits for pets and show and I currently have 6. I know I'm not the only rabbit fancier on this site, so it makes me want to know, what rabbit breeds do you have? What is your favorite breed? Pics and stories are always welcome, and if I had some pics downloaded, I would post them, but that is a task for another day. Here are my 6 breeds (one of each)-

- Mini Rex (Name: Scribbles): Now, I've heard good things about this breed, but mine is pure EVIL. He bites anytime, anywhere, anyone. Sadly, he was my first rabbit and I don't have the heart to send him to the meat pen. (Buck, Color- Opal)

- Holland Lop (Name: Cosmo): I love my Holland and he is the sweetest rabbit I own. He never bit anyone, and cannot live without human interaction. (Buck, Color: Broken Tortoise)

- American Fuzzy Lop (Name: Fiji): As the name suggests, this is one fuzzy rabbit! Mine is a sweetheart. They are basically Holland Lops with hair. (Doe, Color: Broken Sable Point)

- New Zealand (Name: Spirit): Now, I know meat fanciers love these guys, but in my opinion, they make better pets! Mine has an attitude all her own and is one lazy bum! She is the dog that I don't have. (Doe, Color: Red Eyed White)

- Polish (Name: Taboo): My tiny black Polish is an insane, off the wall rabbit! He plays with any toy he can find, and loves to make a mess of my house when he comes in to play! Did I mention he makes a wide variety of sounds such as grunts, squeaks, and even barks? I love him, and he is my second favorite breed. (Buck, Color: Black)

- English Spot (Name: Razzle): These beautiful exhibition/running rabbits are a pain to show, but their spot patterns are amazing! I love mine. Her name is Razzle and she is currently laying upside-down, sleeping in my arms. Strangely, she is a great lap rabbit, but when she gets down to play, I can't catch her without making some kind of trap, or just getting lucky. She is my favorite rabbit and my favorite breed. (Doe, Color: Broken Black) ***Note: I put broken because solid English Spots DO exist and I would love to get my hands on one.

So rabbit fanciers, come on down and show off your rabbits!

BTW: Added a poll to this thread! Please Vote!

Last edited:
I'm getting 2 bunnies 2marrow, I'll *try* to post pics!
big_smile.png
One mini lop and we still haven't made up our minds #2.

Hey! I haven't talked to you in a while! So you've decided on a Mini Lop? My friend has Mini Lops. They are her favorite breed. I think you should get a Polish as well! They are wonderful little rabbits. Theye are small. Are you getting girls or boys? Are they staying in the same cage?

We're for sure getting a male mini lop, and we have a choice for our second, A white and grey female mini

lop, a brown and white mini lop, or a brown and white Netherland Dwarf. I'm really excited! I don't know

much about the netherland dwarf breed, so we'll see what happens!
big_smile.png

Netherlands Dwarfs are tiny. They are the second smallest rabbit breed. Most are very sweet if handled correctly, however have heard a few rare reports of a mean one. My friend has a sweet Netherland. The brown and white coloring is beautiful as well as the gray and white! However, since the Netherland is much smaller than the male, you might be safer with another Mini Lop. But, if you really want the Netherland, get it. ***Just be sure that if you are keeping the male and female together, get the male nuetered or else you will be having constant babies. I hope you enjoy whatever rabbit you choose!

That's fine. Just make sure they can't bite each other through the wire. I used to keep two males next to each other but mine are show rabbits and one kept on flicking pee on the other one to show dominance. We had to move one to a new cage because my other one got covered in pee. But, they were in one cage, that was divided by wire. If you are using two separate cages, there shouldn't be a problem, but if it is a divided cage, just watch them. Ours never bit each other, but they did pee on each other.

Back
Top Bottom