What Rabbits Do You Have? Show Off Your Rabbits Here!

Coolest Rabbit Breed Out Of These?

• Holland Lop

Votes: 108 21.3%
  • English Spot

Votes: 14 2.8%
  • American Fuzzy Lop

Votes: 11 2.2%
  • Mini Rex/Rex

Votes: 107 21.1%
  • New Zealand

Votes: 94 18.6%
  • Polish

Votes: 13 2.6%
  • English Lop

Votes: 33 6.5%
  • Mini Satins/Satins

Votes: 14 2.8%
  • Lionhead

Votes: 112 22.1%

• Total voters

The only way in is fron the roof, ive added a handle (after i took the pic) and another piece of wood on a divit that when I do ope it it I can prop it open like a car hood the 2 hinges I used also click and stay but its too heavy and I dont want it to give and catch my head in it lol lol

How do you go about keeping that amount together without them fighting? That's my biggest problem with wanting more than the pair I have. I'd have to get a cage for each one I added. And I really don't want to do that. I wish rabbits were like chickens LOL
It depends on the rabbits. I put them all into the large cage at the same time, so nobody thinks it's their space and try to defend it. I keep an eye on things, too. Most of the time there may be a little bit of chasing, but no real fur flying fights. If one rabbit is too aggressive, I take that one out. Some actually get pretty chummy, some just occupy the same space without damaging each other.
roll.png
But I wouldn't attempt it without having cage space available to separate them all if necessary.

Rdrstr - nice hutch!!!! And not bad money spent either!

Bunnylady - I'm hoping to keep one from this litter since I have an empty cage. But I couldn't have more than that unless I was able to build a hutch with multiple holes.

One of you mentioned that my little runt might be a peanut. I researched what a peanut was. This little one seems to have developed legs and arms (proportionate) and ears. I tried to photograph it, but it wiggled, rolled, and turned from front to back so fast that I couldn't get a good foto. I took a video, but couldn't upload it. It is clearly MUCH smaller than the other one (1/3 or 1/4 the size) and doesn't seem to be growing as fast, but at day 3 is very lively.

Since the mother hasn't rejected her and is feeding her, I plan to let nature take its course regardless.

Anyway, this is the only foto I could get (it appears to be getting some fur at day 3, too). So, what do you think?????

Also, I needed a bigger hutch, so my granddaughter and I used an old chicken run (no bottom), put hardware cloth on the bottom and put the whole thing on a platform we made out of a fence post (cut into 4 equal legs of 2' each) and two boards we cut up and attached to make a base. Then we just attached the run to the platform. We painted the bottom and this was the outcome...it works great and is quite large and VERY sturdy.

This was the hutch I bought and it was so small I couldn't use it which caused me to build the one from the chicken run (I needed a hutch big enough for 2 rabbits to live in normally and run around). I wasn't using it at all, but when the rabbit unexpectedly had babies, I put her into the small hutch with her two kits.

Back
Top Bottom