What Rabbits Do You Have? Show Off Your Rabbits Here!

Coolest Rabbit Breed Out Of These?

• Holland Lop

Votes: 108 21.3%
  • English Spot

Votes: 14 2.8%
  • American Fuzzy Lop

Votes: 11 2.2%
  • Mini Rex/Rex

Votes: 107 21.1%
  • New Zealand

Votes: 94 18.6%
  • Polish

Votes: 13 2.6%
  • English Lop

Votes: 33 6.5%
  • Mini Satins/Satins

Votes: 14 2.8%
  • Lionhead

Votes: 112 22.1%

• Total voters
Pics
How old is she? Is she full grown? If so, about how much does she weigh? She looks like a Dutch rabbit to me. Also looks like my netherland dwarfs in the face a little.
hmm.png

Anyway- Happy to have found this thread! I breed Netherland Dwarf bunnies. I LOVE them. They weren't on the 'poll' though! Have ten seniors and 3 litters right now. I breed mainly Blue-eyed whites and I breed for temperament. My 6 year old daughter will show some this summer. We've been doing it for a year. My website is http://www.newmanfamilyrabbitry.weebly.com

I keep them in an insulated, finished shed in wire bottom cages, separated only by a wall of caging between each cage. I don't use plexiglass between. They get a diet of 18% protein right now with some calf manna to the nursing does. I feed Poulin Grain. They get free fed Timothy Hay. They get played with daily by my daughter and myself.
Sorry that I forgot Netherlands on the poll. I would add them if I could edit polls, but I don't think I can. I was just adding random breeds at the time. By the way I LOVE Blue Eyed White rabbits! Beautiful rabbits and very nice website!
thumbsup.gif

Last edited:
I have a un-neutared dutch male rabbit. He is the common black and white. And his name is Rikki Tikki. I don't have any recent pictures of him, but I might just have to get some. Being unfixed he uses the litter box very well. :D

Love name! All of my rabbit pictures are on my old computer's hard drive, and we have yet to retrieve it. When we transfer them in the summer, I will post some up.

Thank-you, shadow rabbit10! I love the Blue-Eyed whites also. Especially their temperaments- at least the ones I have anyway. They are loaded with personality, are tidy, and sweet as pie. We have two litters of BEW''s coming up soon. One is due this weekend! I'll post pictures if all goes well. :)

Thank-you, shadow rabbit10!   I love the Blue-Eyed whites also.  Especially their temperaments- at least the ones I have anyway.  They are loaded with personality, are tidy, and sweet as pie.  We have two litters of BEW''s coming up soon.  One is due this weekend!  I'll post pictures if all goes well.  :)

Please do post pics! My New Zealand was bred, but had no litter.:/

Please do post pics! My New Zealand was bred, but had no litter.
hmm.png

Oh- i would get her re-bred. Do you have a buck there? Sometimes the girls just don't want to breed. I have been trying to get my BEW's to breed for a year and FINALLY got them to take, after trying every month. It was a pain. They would even lift, and the buck would 'fall off' but it still wouldn't take. If I were you, I would try again, and watch closely to see if she lifts and the buck falls off an makes a little noise- then do it again in about 6-8 hours. Sometimes it takes once to get the doe to ovulate, and by the second go she'll take. You can also palpate after 12 days to see if she took and if not, bring her back in with the buck. Apple cider vinegar in the doe's water is also said to work to get the doe to lift.

New Zealand's are a nice breed!

I don't own a buck. This was my first time trying to get a litter, so I wasn't expecting her to have anything. I was planning to rebreed her a few days after the first time, but the girl never responded to me.
somad.gif
And, I payed her $20! He was a beautiful red buck. He was on her for a long time, but it seemed like he wasn't "getting in there". It's a shame it didn't work. I think I am just going to try to breed my Fuzzy Lop, or get a Polish doe. I might get another NZ, but I don't know if I'll have room.

I dont have any pictures to post right now. But I raise Mini Rex and Holland Lops for pet and show. I love them both but you really got to love those floppy ears on the HL.

I don't own a buck. This was my first time trying to get a litter, so I wasn't expecting her to have anything. I was planning to rebreed her a few days after the first time, but the girl never responded to me.
somad.gif
And, I payed her $20! He was a beautiful red buck. He was on her for a long time, but it seemed like he wasn't "getting in there". It's a shame it didn't work. I think I am just going to try to breed my Fuzzy Lop, or get a Polish doe. I might get another NZ, but I don't know if I'll have room.

Ugh- that's very frustrating. Maybe someone else has one who would be more available and who would call you back! You could always post an add on Craigslist. There's always stuff like that around.

My Lulu- (BEW) is due in 2 days! yay. I've been waiting for a white litter. She's had another litter before this, but it was with a chestnut, so the babies only had white strips down their faces. I tried with another white doe, but she had two DOA's and was quite depressed over it and wouldn't breed for a month. She finally took and is due in 2 and 1/2 wks with a nice white litter- from my best BEW buck. Can't wait! He is producing some amazing offspring. Super tiny ears and great head!! and he's a character so he gives his great personality to his kits.

Back
Top Bottom