What Rabbits Do You Have? Show Off Your Rabbits Here!

Coolest Rabbit Breed Out Of These?

• Holland Lop

Votes: 108 21.3%
  • English Spot

Votes: 14 2.8%
  • American Fuzzy Lop

Votes: 11 2.2%
  • Mini Rex/Rex

Votes: 107 21.1%
  • New Zealand

Votes: 94 18.6%
  • Polish

Votes: 13 2.6%
  • English Lop

Votes: 33 6.5%
  • Mini Satins/Satins

Votes: 14 2.8%
  • Lionhead

Votes: 112 22.1%

• Total voters
Wanta bet?

For a long time, "Mini Lop" has been some people's catch-all term for any rabbit with ears that don't happen to go up. I can't tell you how many times I have had someone tell me that they'd bought a "Mini Lop" baby that grew to 10 or 12 pounds. If you are buying from a breeder, you at least get a chance to see their stock, and know what the parents look like. At a pet shop, the animal may or may not be as represented. All a lot of pet shop personnel know about rabbits is how to ring them up on the register, so they often have to take the word of the person they get the rabbits from. There are an awful lot of 4-pound mixed breed rabbits around here that are being sold as "Netherland Dwarfs."
You are sooo right! I know a lot of pet stores if not all just want to make a $ and not care much about the animals or where they come from. I might decide to get the pair from a breeder not sure yet. I most likely will but I'll have to see..thanks a lot and if you guys have anything else to say I'm glad to read it!!!

gahh! Since some of you have shared your "excape artist" stories with me, I shall share mine. Today I took a nap and I was in no hurry to wake up. I was awake but still kinda asleep and my sister comes inside and tells me that one of my rabbits is running around outside. I think I have never jumped up so fast in my life! He wasn't too hard to catch but here's the mystery: How did he get out? he was in an enclosure where the holes bet 1/2 in by 1/2 in. could he really have climbed that? I really don't see how..

Bucks will breed through a divider If the doe is ready they'll make it happen. Lol I keep my does in cages next to each other bit bucks get their own row,no surprises here.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom