What Rabbits Do You Have? Show Off Your Rabbits Here!

Coolest Rabbit Breed Out Of These?

• Holland Lop

Votes: 108 21.3%
  • English Spot

Votes: 14 2.8%
  • American Fuzzy Lop

Votes: 11 2.2%
  • Mini Rex/Rex

Votes: 107 21.1%
  • New Zealand

Votes: 94 18.6%
  • Polish

Votes: 13 2.6%
  • English Lop

Votes: 33 6.5%
  • Mini Satins/Satins

Votes: 14 2.8%
  • Lionhead

Votes: 112 22.1%

• Total voters
New bunnies!
bun.gif

2 California does

A California buck

And Satan spawn
smile.png

congrats! I'm excited for you! Adorable rabbits my friend!

I'm getting a new zealand white buck that is almost 13 weeks old from a friend that lives right down the road from me and she said he got him for a pet but he humps everything so I can have him,which it sounds like he will be a great new breeder buck.... But I forget when I should breed him is it 4-6 months?

Love the coloring on the California's!

Question: I know it can take up to 8 weeks to completely wean from mama, but at what age do kits start eating feed? And can it be the normal size pellets or do I have to food process them like chick feed?

I'm getting a new zealand white buck that is almost 13 weeks old from a friend that lives right down the road from me and she said he got him for a pet but he humps everything so I can have him,which it sounds like he will be a great new breeder buck.... But I forget when I should breed him is it 4-6 months?

I was told wait 6 months before breeding a female, I don't know that it matters with a male since they aren't the ones carrying?
But as you can all tell I am pretty new to rabbits.
Also told you can breed the buck as often as you want, but not to do more than 2-3 litters per year on each doe.

.... But I forget when I should breed him is it 4-6 months?
With small breeds bucks are ready at about 6 months, medium breeds around 7 months and for larger breeds, it's 9 months. While the younger buck may attempt to perform, it's usually not mature enough to produce a viable breeding. Does of equivalent breeds/size tend to mature a month earlier.

I was told wait 6 months before breeding a female, I don't know that it matters with a male since they aren't the ones carrying?
But as you can all tell I am pretty new to rabbits.
Also told you can breed the buck as often as you want, but not to do more than 2-3 litters per year on each doe.

I have learned on this thread that there are a certain number of times, close together to breed a doe, then you wait to see if it "took". You have to remove them from the buck. Can't just leave them in together.

Love the coloring on the California's!

Question: I know it can take up to 8 weeks to completely wean from mama, but at what age do kits start eating feed? And can it be the normal size pellets or do I have to food process them like chick feed?

Usually around 10-15 days, and just normal rabbit pellets. They don't eat "fines" (crumbled up or finely broken pellets), and in fact, unless you have feeders with mesh bottoms, you need to keep an eye out as fines tend to pack in the feed dish and spoil. Another thing on weaning, if you can, remove all of the males first, leaving the females and any runts, and then remove the remaining kits one or two at a time until all are weaned. This makes it easier on the doe and allows her milk to start drying up gradually and thus helps to prevent mastitis.

Forgot to mention...I currently have New Zealand Blacks and Palominos. I used to raise and show Standard Chinchillas, Dwarf Hotots, Holland Lops, Siamese Satins and Florida Whites. I've also raised a few Mini Rex, New Zealand Whites, and Netherland Dwarf, I didn't show them.

Here's my newest litter of Palomino kits (from a first time mom).

Forgot to mention...I currently have New Zealand Blacks and Palominos. I used to raise and show Standard Chinchillas, Dwarf Hotots, Holland Lops, Siamese Satins and Florida Whites. I've also raised a few Mini Rex, New Zealand Whites, and Netherland Dwarf, I didn't show them. Here's my newest litter of Palomino kits (from a first time mom).
They are precious. I guess being a first time mom she didn't know she didn't have to pull ALL her fur. Dang. That's the most I've ever seen. (I admit I haven't seen a lot, but an impressive amount of fur)

Back
Top Bottom