What Rabbits Do You Have? Show Off Your Rabbits Here!

Coolest Rabbit Breed Out Of These?

• Holland Lop

Votes: 108 21.3%
  • English Spot

Votes: 14 2.8%
  • American Fuzzy Lop

Votes: 11 2.2%
  • Mini Rex/Rex

Votes: 107 21.1%
  • New Zealand

Votes: 94 18.6%
  • Polish

Votes: 13 2.6%
  • English Lop

Votes: 33 6.5%
  • Mini Satins/Satins

Votes: 14 2.8%
  • Lionhead

Votes: 112 22.1%

• Total voters
Oh that is a great shot.  If you hadn't pointed out the white baby I totally thought that was a  huge dewlap!  Our kits are just two days behind yours.  No eyes open yet and they are still in the nest box huddled together, plump as can be and popping around every which way.  I won't get to check on them again until Friday due to work schedule.  Am excited that eyes should be open this weekend.  Haven't changed out the nest box yet.  When I have checked it several times this past week, it smelled fine and I didn't find any of moms droppings in there.  I'll change it out on Friday or Saturday.  I can't believe how much the doe is eating on a daily basis.  She is feeding 8 babies so I can imagine that requires a lot of calories.  This is a cool adventure.  

I bet the kits eyes are open now? So cute when they first open them! My white bun is developing Himalayan type markings and has red eyes so maybe it's in her genes somewhere. The black bun has brown eyes and is actually taking on a more brown colouring now as its fur is getting longer. I'm pretty sure that one is a doe but not sure on the White one yet. Kind of looks doe like but then again not lol. Early days yet though! The white kit is so fluffy! The black one has a tiny Vienna mark on its head, too slight to capture in a pic yet. I need to see pics of yours now! Adorable little things! It really is a wonderful adventure! X

It was a beautiful day today. I worked outside most of the day today cleaning rabbit cages & chicken coop. I changed the bedding in the nest box today and here are a few shots of our 10 day old fat babies. I hadn't seen them since Wed. WOW. Some eyes are opening
big_smile.png

Sorry, I don't know how to minimize the pictures

Last edited:
I am so proud of the mama. She is not the friendliest, but she sure knows how to care for her babies. Our grandson is allowed to keep one. He's changed his mind 3 times already and they are only 11 days old. Everyone's eyes are open today. We are breeding our number two doe today or tomorrow. We have football company that doesn't want to leave
wink.png

My two little survivors are fat as bears and starting to move around. I already have them sold. Thinking I will breed another for because I had more buyers than bunnies.

I have a REW with grey ears. So to the above post its possible. I think she's the one I'll breed.

We are stilll learning the genetics, and what crosses produce what color babies. I have a question about a possible cross in our mini rex. We have a black (self), not carrying dilute doe. Her pedigree has quite a bit of red in it, but since she is black than there shouldn't be any A in her, because it would be expressed, right? Her sire was black, dam was castor. I was thinking of crossing her with our red (A) buck. His pedigree is all red except for one castor in his great grand sire, so I'm pretty sure he is all dominant red and not carrying anything. Even if he was carrying the castor down for several generations, that is also agouti, and dominant to black, right? So if we decided to cross them, would all the babies be expressed red, or possibly castor, carrying self since A is dominant? I don't want to produce smutty reds, but I love the fur on our black and she is an awesome mom. Thanks for any input! We probably need to wait a little anyways, since our red doe and tort doe are currently expecting.

Back
Top Bottom