What Rabbits Do You Have? Show Off Your Rabbits Here!

Coolest Rabbit Breed Out Of These?

• Holland Lop

Votes: 108 21.3%
  • English Spot

Votes: 14 2.8%
  • American Fuzzy Lop

Votes: 11 2.2%
  • Mini Rex/Rex

Votes: 107 21.1%
  • New Zealand

Votes: 94 18.6%
  • Polish

Votes: 13 2.6%
  • English Lop

Votes: 33 6.5%
  • Mini Satins/Satins

Votes: 14 2.8%
  • Lionhead

Votes: 112 22.1%

• Total voters
Yes, his mom is a BEW.
I figured he is a VM, I was just really hoping he isn't, because I want to keep and show him.
barnie.gif

What is everyone's palpation techniques?
Sometimes I can easily feel the kits. Other times, like with my Holland Lop right now, I'm having a hard time telling. I'm taking into consideration that this is her first litter. She stomach feels really squishy, it did in the beginning too. Every now and then I feel hard masses, but it seems like she should be bigger. Today is 29 days. I want to perfect my technique so I can be more sure of what I'm feeling. Then I can re-breed the does if necessary. Right now, I don't trust myself to re-breed does if I don't feel anything on the 12th day. I just wait and see.

If you have more than one doe then(if there is at least 1 doe not bred) you can compare the too. Like duckchick stated - poking around may not help. holding her steady w one hand around the shoulders cup underneath her stomach with your other hand, raise her up till you are supporting her w/ that hand and slowly move your hand forward and back. the uterine horns are on each side so you are looking to feel 'lumps' 'soft grapes' along the side of her. If you feel in the middle of her belly you may just end up feeling pellets instead. If you are unsure you then do the same thing w/ the un-bred doe. If they feel very different in regards to lumps on the side you more than likely have yourself a pregnant doe. Just keep practicing it w/ every litter & it will get easier & easier. Also if you have other breeders in the area, see if one of them is very good @ it & see if you're able to take a visit & learn hands on w/ them.

Good luck!

Okay, just one more - a nice surprise i got recently. My buck Chance is currently in 6th place for Jersey Wooly "Rabbit of the Year". It's the NJWRC contest for most points earned by a single rabbit. He won't win but I'm still proud of him.

Last edited:
[COLOR=EE82EE]If you have more than one doe then(if there is at least 1 doe not bred) you can compare the too.  Like duckchick stated - poking around may not help. holding her steady w one hand around the shoulders cup underneath her stomach with your other hand, raise her up till you are supporting her w/ that hand and slowly move your hand forward and back. the uterine horns are on each side so you are looking to feel 'lumps' 'soft grapes'  along the side of her. If you feel in the middle of her belly you may just end up feeling pellets instead. If you are unsure you then do the same thing w/ the un-bred doe. If they feel very different in regards to lumps on the side you more than likely have yourself a pregnant doe. Just keep practicing it w/ every litter & it will get easier & easier. Also if you have other breeders in the area, see if one of them is very good @ it & see if you're able to take a visit & learn hands on w/ them.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=EE82EE]Good luck![/COLOR]

Excellent post.

Back
Top Bottom