What Rabbits Do You Have? Show Off Your Rabbits Here!

Coolest Rabbit Breed Out Of These?

• Holland Lop

Votes: 108 21.3%
  • English Spot

Votes: 14 2.8%
  • American Fuzzy Lop

Votes: 11 2.2%
  • Mini Rex/Rex

Votes: 107 21.1%
  • New Zealand

Votes: 94 18.6%
  • Polish

Votes: 13 2.6%
  • English Lop

Votes: 33 6.5%
  • Mini Satins/Satins

Votes: 14 2.8%
  • Lionhead

Votes: 112 22.1%

• Total voters
Great info all around. I am quite happy with our mutts. Am hoping to go to my first ARBA show. It's about an hour away from where we live. It's on Valentines weekend. My husband is laughing about how I want to celebrate. After 30+ years, it's all about the memories. This should be one for the books!
bun.gif
. He wanted nothing to do with rabbits in the beginning. He has since built housing, been feeding them treats and checks on them all the time.
lol.png
Life is good.

Almost forgot - When do I go back to the regular feeding schedule for my momma doe - the kits are 5 weeks old and the last two will be removed from her cage in a few days. Thanks for everything.

The three babies will be 1 week old tomorrow!

Found one outside the nestbox the other day, but since I have a heat lamp out there for them it was still ok, so I still have 3 babies :)

The three babies will be 1 week old tomorrow!

Found one outside the nestbox the other day, but since I have a heat lamp out there for them it was still ok, so I still have 3 babies :)

When it's really cold out I turn the nest box on its side on day 10. That way if a kit gets out it can get back in. By the weeks, regardless of temp, all nest boxes come out. They harbor bacteria and take up space. I replace the box with a huge pile of hay for warmth of it is under 25 degrees

When it's really cold out I turn the nest box on its side on day 10. That way if a kit gets out it can get back in. By the weeks, regardless of temp, all nest boxes come out. They harbor bacteria and take up space. I replace the box with a huge pile of hay for warmth of it is under 25 degrees

I know most people have nest boxes out most of the time unless they have babies, but my rabbits always have nest boxes, that's just the way I do it.

Hello! I have two rabbits!

I got my first rabbit for Christmas, and he's a New Zealand White named Taco! He's quite spoiled, though. We go for walks at the park (with a harness and leash) he sits on my lap and we watch TV. He comes from great show quality lines, but I fear that his ears are to small for him to be a show rabbit XD not that it matters. He's just a pet anyway :D

My second one, that I just got last week, is half New Zealand and half Dutch, and her name is Libby. To be honest, I have mixed feelings about her. I try to pet her while she's in her cage and she'll lunge at my hands and scratch me, but once I manage to wrestle her out of the cage she's as sweet as can be! She's quite odd.

Both my rabbits are very young. Taco is only about ten weeks, and Libby is seven weeks old. I'll try and post pictures soon :D

Darn it, I'm really bummed. Found that two of my babies had wriggled out of the nest box last night and froze to death. That leaves one more baby. I made the lip bigger on the box so he couldn't wriggle out, and since it might be in the single digits (or below zero
hit.gif
) this weekend, both him and his mama is coming inside. Also, I'm treating one of my rabbits for Fur (wool) mat. So she got a teaspoon of Vegetable oil last night and lots and lots of hay. I saw her drinking a little this morning so that's good!

Darn it, I'm really bummed. Found that two of my babies had wriggled out of the nest box last night and froze to death. That leaves one more baby. I made the lip bigger on the box so he couldn't wriggle out, and since it might be in the single digits (or below zero
hit.gif
) this weekend, both him and his mama is coming inside. Also, I'm treating one of my rabbits for Fur (wool) mat. So she got a teaspoon of Vegetable oil last night and lots and lots of hay. I saw her drinking a little this morning so that's good!
I'm sorry to hear that.
hugs.gif
Good luck with your remaining baby, and the rabbit with fur block.

I think 1 of my does bred with the buck next door
1f611.png
she's building a nice nest
1f62d.png

I mean it's yeah about baby's but I don't have weaning cages for another litter
I feel so stupid! I should e movers her sooner

Back
Top Bottom