What Roo to keep?

LordEvan5

Songster
Oct 21, 2020
Quaker Hill Connecticut
I have three roos but it's really just a choice of two one is a great giant Buckeye he’s a sweet boy and quiet and very docile while the other is a Silver Laced Wyandotte he’s a bit spicy and is a foul natures fowl if one every existed but here's my question if I'm looking for my guy to protect my hens when I'm not looking is it better to have an aggressive bird or a big sweetie that doesn't chase my kids and wife (even if I do find it funny sometimes to watch my 6’1” 250-pound son running away from a bird) what do you guys think thank you for your consideration

Much Love Evan

Roosters do very little in the front of protection. Even if they do try to fight off a predator the predator is there to kill a chicken so one running at him is not going to stop much. That said I would vote for the nice one. As I said before, regardless of any potential protecting abilities he won't stop anything, so why keep the mean one?

I have two roosters and one of them bullies the other, but the bullied one (Nekbother) is really sweet and the protective one (Sam) likes to bully but he mates with all of the hens so he does his job. I'd keep the nice one.

Back
Top Bottom