What roofing will stop hawks in a 6' chainlink pen?

I'll see if I can get a picture later on. I just used cheap deer netting from Lowes, and used zip ties to attach it. Works great.

My hubby used plastic pipes to use as a roof support for the deer netting (our run is only 6ft tall so the pipes give us extra head room). We got the netting at Lowes - 4ft wide x 50ft long for about $13 a roll. We connected each 4ft wide piece of netting with small zippy ties just like halo. We used chicken wire around the bottom part of the run. The bantams used to have the igloo as a coop, but we've now got it set up where we cut a hole in the run & attached a tunnel from the run to the grey shed that you see in the background & put the nest boxes inside too since the shaving would get wet when it rained (didn't matter too much though because they preferred to lay eggs inside the igloo anyway). We're actually going to set up a 2nd run beside the one you see here & do the same thing as above. Inside the grey coop we've started to make a wall so that we can seperate 2 different breeds. Hope that helps ya a little bit.
smile.png

16560_covered_run_032209.jpg

Quote:
that looks good. how did you attach the pipe to the kennel and did you do anything to retain the arc in the pipe ? didn't see any connection from one to the other.

We used some metal T-brackets that we bought in the chainlink fencing section at Lowe's. The pipe was 1 inch size. We didn't use any sort of center support for the pipes. They seem to fit & ark perfectly - we didn't even have to cut the pipes.
smile.png

ETA: It's not in this pic because we added it after this pic was taken, but in one corner we used 1by pieces of wood as outdoor roosting rods and the banties really liked that addition to their run.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom