What settings for lockdown?

It's honestly rather depressing, but I guess it was a great learning experience too. I may also be a sadist, choosing call ducks the first time I ever incubated anything...but apparently 50% is pretty good. Doesn't make me feel better about the 2 that didn't make it though 🥺

Question...when the bigger one hatched, it kicked off its shell and tore its own cord off. The smaller one kicked off its shell about an hour ago and its still attached? Do I leave it?

And how long so they "rest" after hatching? Ok to leave them overnight and put them in the brooder tomorrow?
20210422_194330.jpg

Question...when the bigger one hatched, it kicked off its shell and tore its own cord off. The smaller one kicked off its shell about an hour ago and its still attached? Do I leave it?

And how long so they "rest" after hatching? Ok to leave them overnight and put them in the brooder tomorrow?View attachment 2630601
I'm sure it already kicked it off by now but yeah sometimes they stay attached. Give it a few hours and it should dry off and come off their body. Also congrats on your ducklings! They are sooo adorable! The ducklings look so different once fluffed up.

Back
Top Bottom