What sex and age are my chicks

lucygoldysparky

In the Brooder
Jul 28, 2016
Please anyone know if I have roos or pullets or is it just to soon to tell

My guess is about 1-2 weeks old, too young to tell sex. Here is a pic of one of mine at 9 days

How old are they? Do you know the breed? Need better pictures of their comb/wattle development. Watch their comb/wattle development & coloring, cockerels it'll develop fast & get redder faster than pullets. They're too young right now, repost pic when they're about 6 - 8wks.

How old are they?  Do you know the breed?  Need better pictures of their comb/wattle development.  Watch their comb/wattle development & coloring, cockerels it'll develop fast & get redder faster than pullets.  They're too young right now, repost pic when they're about 6 - 8wks.
in really not sure on anything about them i got them at an action was told they were ameracuana. From other pictures I have posted people said Easter eggers. I am new to all of this got two older hens and a rooster and I don't really want to have anymore roosters

I'm with SueT, guessing 2wks and too young to sex just yet. Pic of the 1st one with no "eye liner", got yellow legs while the 2nd with "eyeliner" has colored legs...They're not Ameraucanas, more likely EEs. I can sort of make out the comb on the "eyeliner" one, looks that of an EE which if they are, it's a Pea Comb. Aside from the comb/wattle development & color, watch if there's 1 or 3 rows, 3 rows = cockerel from my limited experience with EEs.

Back
Top Bottom