What sex are my Ameraucana (EE)?

rgoodman11

In the Brooder
Apr 4, 2015
I am a newbie and I purchased 6 day-old sexed chicks from a breeder via our 4-H poultry club. They are now 11 weeks old. This morning I woke up to crowing....at least a form of crowing. They were all supposed to be female!!!! I have done some research today and now I think I have 3 males. Not what I wanted. What is your opinion????? It was really hard to get pictures since they basically stay right by me, so I did the best I could.

#1 Penny - Almost sure she is a Pullet

#2 Broomhilda (she was a naughty chick) - Almost sure she is a Pullet

#3 Amy - One of our morning crowers

#4 Olive - another crower.

#5 Bernadette

#6 Henrietta

I am a newbie and I purchased 6 day-old sexed chicks from a breeder via our 4-H poultry club. They are now 11 weeks old. This morning I woke up to crowing....at least a form of crowing. They were all supposed to be female!!!! I have done some research today and now I think I have 3 males. Not what I wanted. What is your opinion????? It was really hard to get pictures since they basically stay right by me, so I did the best I could.

#1 Penny - Almost sure she is a Pullet
Pullet

#2 Broomhilda (she was a naughty chick) - Almost sure she is a Pullet
Pullet

#3 Amy - One of our morning crowers
Rooster

#4 Olive - another crower.
?? Could you get a shot of his/her side view including tail, neck, and legs?

#5 Bernadette

I'm kinda thinking roo

#6 Henrietta
I'm thinking pullet, but could you also get a side view?

Just a bit of information about hen's crowing. First, I have never seen a pullet crow. Second, I most certainly have had and seen mature hen's crow. It only seems to happen when the hen is at her peak, is very healthy, and feeling very good. They don't sound like a rooster, but it is a crow nevertheless. It's kinda cool, and a bit odd sounding. If you hear it, you will know what it is.

Back
Top Bottom