What sex?

Ravenstorrough1

In the Brooder
Sep 14, 2019
Hi everyone, this is my first post and first ducks. I got them at 7 days old & they are now around 14 weeks. (1 Shetland x khaki & 3 Welsh harlequins). I thought I was getting 2 WH girls & 1 drake but am I right in thinking these are all boys? All 3 WH heads are turning green as they moult but what is confusing is that only the WH with the dark bill and the Shetland have a bright flash on their wings. The other 2 who I expected to be girls, have yellowish bills and brown flashes on their wings. In the last 2 weeks they have gone from following me around like puppies, running to me when called, to being very skittish and barely coming near me this was around the same time they were introduced to their own run, away from the house. Thanks for any thoughts - can't get close enough to pick them up for listening for quacks
20190912_111927.jpg
20190917_090200.jpg
20190917_090203.jpg

The Welshies are drakes. That deep red brown breast is also a giveaway. I have a welsh I thought was a girl until the last few days when it’s coloring started changing. That color on the breast being the first I noticed. It was hatched on the 4th of July so it’s close to 10 weeks now.

Back
Top Bottom