What should a dewlap feel like?

Have you heard back from the vet yet/
Thanks for the inquiry. Here's what the vet emailed me:

"I wanted to tell you that what I saw on cytology was supportive of a mucocele or a cyst with salivary protein. There were some cocci bacteria but mostly there were degenerated white blood cells and other skin cells which suggest this was an older lesion. I suspect it was caused by trauma and should resolve uneventfully. Occasionally these will fill back up and may need surgery but I think by treating with the antibiotic and monitoring we will probably not see a recurrence."

Sebastian hates taking his pills, but he's otherwise doing very well!

Amanda

Thanks for the inquiry. Here's what the vet emailed me:

"I wanted to tell you that what I saw on cytology was supportive of a mucocele or a cyst with salivary protein. There were some cocci bacteria but mostly there were degenerated white blood cells and other skin cells which suggest this was an older lesion. I suspect it was caused by trauma and should resolve uneventfully. Occasionally these will fill back up and may need surgery but I think by treating with the antibiotic and monitoring we will probably not see a recurrence."

Sebastian hates taking his pills, but he's otherwise doing very well!

Amanda
Well i know your relieved. I am, I bet Sebastian loves all the attention he is getting even if it means he has to take a pill.

Back
Top Bottom