1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

What should I be doing in the meantime?

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by SusanD, Jan 10, 2016.

1. SusanD

SusanD Chillin' With My Peeps

I have been noticing the occasional yellow, foamy poop (increasing in frequency) that looks like the abnormal yellow one on this chart. So, after viewing the chart and also knowing that one of my hens has lost a little weight, I suspect that my hens do have an issue (worm or bacterial) that will need to be treated [​IMG] I feel bad for not catching it sooner, especially if it was caused by damp flooring in our run. I have an appointment with a poultry vet for the 18th and will have them fecal sampled then and treated for what that shows. Is there anything I can be doing (probiotics, a gentle dewormer) in the meantime that might be helpful?

http://www.the-chicken-chick.com/2012/02/whats-scoop-on-chicken-poop-digestive.html?m=1

2. beb444

beb444 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 16, 2015
    Northern CA
    How old is she? If she is young enough she can't have worms

Probiotics never hurt.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2016
  3. SusanD

SusanD Chillin' With My Peeps

10 months.

4. beb444

beb444 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 16, 2015
    Northern CA
    Oh then I'm not sure, sorry. I know I was concerned but someone said my 10 week old chicks are too young to have them.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by