What Should I Cook for Thanksgiving?

DogAndCat36

Crowing
Mar 12, 2020
Northern Maine
COVID is here and I can't celebrate Thanksgiving with my whole family. I live with a family of 7 people. I never cooked for Thanksgiving but it is time for me to take the wheel from my not so excited parents. What goes on a Thanksgiving dinner plate? Turkey, sweet ham, yeasts rolls, corn... That's all that I know.

When should I cook each item?
What should I cook?
Recipes please!

I tried a pumpkin pie recipe online and it had to much brown sugar and not enough allspice and so many other online recipes don't taste good.

Much appreciated. 😊

Since you're doing the cooking, you get to cook whatever you want! Not everyone has the same holiday traditions so it doesn't have to be turkey and all the trimmings. A friend of mine always does a prime rib for T-day. And my favorite aunt always made tacos :D

So don't stress over the dinner, have fun and enjoy the day.

I agree, unless the fam has their hearts set on having every component of the TRADITIONAL Thanksgiving, just go for it!
And if that is what you want, do some recipe research and find something good. We can help with questions and concerns.

Since you're doing the cooking, you get to cook whatever you want! Not everyone has the same holiday traditions so it doesn't have to be turkey and all the trimmings. A friend of mine always does a prime rib for T-day. And my favorite aunt always made tacos :D

So don't stress over the dinner, have fun and enjoy the day.
Ok. Peanut butter and jelly sandwiches for supper! Just kidding. Thank you for the advice! :D

Back
Top Bottom