What should I do! :D Update w/ pics!

Sorry everybody havent been on here for a few days. I picked up my girls Sunday night. One layed monday and today. Such a good girl. I am leaving them in there to see if they will go broody for me to. They were with a very big beautiful black and white drake, so I am hoping there eggs are still fertile. Is it the same as a chicken where the eggs will be fertile for about a week after they mate? I am hoping, cause if they go broody I can let them hatch there eggs and have some pretty little babies running around.
wink.png
My parents have already agreed to let me hatch them out. Hehe! DONT WORRY THEY ALREADY KNOW HOW AWESOME THEY ARE!!!!! I took them out to dinner at Olive Garden to show my appreciation. Plus it was their anniversary, so they got presents to. But here are some pics of my new babies!
big_smile.png
Tell me what ya think. I got to pick them out and I hope I did good.

82752_img_3570.jpg

82752_img_3602.jpg

82752_img_3594.jpg

82752_img_3604.jpg

82752_img_3573.jpg

82752_img_3599.jpg

82752_img_3569.jpg

82752_img_3577.jpg

Here they are together!
82752_img_3606.jpg

I love female muscovys and I love chocolates! They really look like a great couple of ducks and your parents have done a lot right! Congratulations on the new additions.

Oh wow your new ducks are gorgeous!

Pretty soon thsoe parents of yours will be struggling to say no. They'll fall in love with the ducks.
big_smile.png
Not to say you shouldn't be grateful for the ones you have though!

I wanted ducks ever since I was little and they had ducklings at the fair. My dad used to have some mallards (I believe) but for some reason would never let me get any ducks. We finally got some, almost four years ago, and although we lost them all to predators, we now have 19, and counting. lol. Today they had all escaped their pen and fell asleep on the lawn. It was cute, but kind of a pain because they aren't as friendly as we'd like them to be.

Anyway, enough of my babbling. Enjoy your duckies!
tongue.png

Oh there just lovely! i'd love some chocolate muscovies. Sadly though none were available near us. Mine are supposed to be all white but i dunno were starting to get some darkening as they age plus one already came with a black spot on the head lol There awesome bug collectors.. mine have been leaping to catch all the bugs that have come with our heat wave.

Thanks! I have only have them for a few days but I have to say they are now my favorites! Shhh..dont tell the others. Lol!
wink.png
Just their personality is so much different than all the others. So my darker chocolate has already started going broody. Hehe! Yay! But I found this morning my other ducks in there. They had chased her off and was messing up her nest. So maybe I will seperate the two muscovies, so they can set. Idk! Right now they are still low on the pole. But that might change soon, especially when they start to really set. I know they can get mean. I really want some little babies waddling around out there.
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom