What Should I Do If It Still Hasn't Hatched By Tomorrow Night

FunnyBunnies12

Songster
9 Years
Aug 28, 2010
Cedar Springs, Michigan
Just curious if I should intervene at all if my egg still hasn't externally pip yet or hatched. Tomorrow will be end of day 28. I did hear it chirping late morning. But still no sign of external pipping. I know, I'm such a worried wart. I hope that it will start tomorrow morning and I can watch it hatch tomorrow night. Please send some good positive good hatching vibes for this little one! PLEASE!!!

FunnyBunnies12

Songster
9 Years
Aug 28, 2010
Cedar Springs, Michigan
I called this morning and nothing is happening. Temp 98 humidity 78 I heard it chirping yesterday. There is a water fowl vet here at the conference and she said hatching could go up to 31 days and doesn't believe in assisting

FunnyBunnies12

Songster
9 Years
Aug 28, 2010
Cedar Springs, Michigan
Well it's very quiet, I"m not feeling to hopeful. I did open it to quickly check for any pips and there are none!! I feel like quick candling it for any movement or putting it up to my for any noise of scratching or anything. I really don't know what to do, I"m wondering if it externally pipped and now it's to late or if I should break the air sac and allow air, or nothing at all and accept what will be, will be.

Top Bottom