What should I do with all these Quail eggs?

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by CA Bean, Mar 13, 2009.

1. CA Bean

CA Bean Chillin' With My Peeps

So I ordered from GQF and got some free Bob White Quail eggs (30)..however I did put in the note section that I didn't want them but they sent to me anyways. I just received them today and don't know a darn thing about Quails and don't have room to hatch them. What should I do? Hard boil them? ( Are they tasty to eat?) or try to put them on Craigslist?? Although here on the CA Central Coast, there are not a ton of bird people..

2. NancyDz

NancyDz Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 9, 2008
    Dutch Flat, CA
    Yea I would try craigslist... you'd be surprised how many might be interested.

3. KattyKillFish

KattyKillFish Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 8, 2009
    Dillingham, Alaska
  4. Akane

Akane Overrun With Chickens

Jun 15, 2008
    Stick them back in the packaging, grab a $10 small flat rate box at the post office, pad with balled and shredded newspaper or paper, and send them to me. [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 13, 2009
  5. lilbreeches

lilbreeches Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 13, 2009
    Delight, AR
    Quote:[​IMG] ME! ME! ME! [​IMG]

6. CA Bean

Quote:I think I will try that first for a day.. Thx!

7. shelleyd2008

shelleyd2008 the bird is the word

Sep 14, 2008
    Adair Co., KY
    I would try craigslist also. I wouldn't recommend selling or giving them to someone that would require them needing to be shipped. They have already been shipped once, and shipping them again would destroy probably whichever had not been destroyed the first time.

Quail eggs are very tasty to eat, my son will eat nothing but!

8. CA Bean

Quote:Yup! Hear ya on that.
    Trying CL first for the next 1-2 days. May end up just eating them?

9. LilRalphieRoosmama

LilRalphieRoosmama Officially Quacked

Oct 15, 2007
    Elyria, OH
    Pickle them!!! They are fantastic. Will probably be too old to hatch by the time somebody responds to your ad and picks them up.

If you want to hard boil them, boil the water first, then add the eggs and boil for about 10-12 minutes. Drain and soak in COLD water (I use tap water). Keep refilling with cold water and they'll peel easy.

10. mrsengeseth

mrsengeseth Chillin' With My Peeps

Quote:No, me!!!! LOL, Me!!

All kidding aside, you should have good luck with craigslist...or ME!!!! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by