What should I do with all these Quail eggs?

CA Bean

Songster
11 Years
Aug 12, 2008
Central Coast -California
So I ordered from GQF and got some free Bob White Quail eggs (30)..however I did put in the note section that I didn't want them but they sent to me anyways. I just received them today and don't know a darn thing about Quails and don't have room to hatch them. What should I do? Hard boil them? ( Are they tasty to eat?) or try to put them on Craigslist?? Although here on the CA Central Coast, there are not a ton of bird people..

Stick them back in the packaging, grab a $10 small flat rate box at the post office, pad with balled and shredded newspaper or paper, and send them to me.
tongue.png

Last edited:
I would try craigslist also. I wouldn't recommend selling or giving them to someone that would require them needing to be shipped. They have already been shipped once, and shipping them again would destroy probably whichever had not been destroyed the first time.

Quail eggs are very tasty to eat, my son will eat nothing but!

Pickle them!!! They are fantastic. Will probably be too old to hatch by the time somebody responds to your ad and picks them up.

If you want to hard boil them, boil the water first, then add the eggs and boil for about 10-12 minutes. Drain and soak in COLD water (I use tap water). Keep refilling with cold water and they'll peel easy.

Back
Top Bottom