what should i do with this call duck

ashleymikia

In the Brooder
6 Years
Apr 11, 2013
the reason I took him away was because he will push on the I guess shoulder area of the duck (behind their necks) and make them scream out. is it natural for all that? I believe he is a male. and I have seen him rip out feathers of the runt is he just mean... and now I just have him by himself

the reason I took him away was because he will push on the I guess shoulder area of the duck (behind their necks) and make them scream out. is it natural for all that? I believe he is a male. and I have seen him rip out feathers of the runt is he just mean... and now I just have him by himself
How old is this duck. some picking is normal.

Ducklings can be a bit rough and tumble with each other, could be a drakelet or just an overly confident female. Ducklings do best with others though, is it just some he/she is rough with?

its a male but I now have him with the older females and they have welcomed him in so he is doing great thank you for all your help everyone :)

He's still doing ok with the move though? if so probably best that is where he stays, it's odd behaviors for one so young but perhaps he's just a bit to sure of himself, overly so.

Last edited:
nope and he seems to be doing really well all by himself I am going to try and sell him to another duck breeder

Back
Top Bottom