What should I do?

thank you for your imput. I have an internal struggle between the animal lover in me and the farmgirl.
For now I will keep him and see what develops over time.

he is such a handsome boy! Seems a shame to put him down because of a toe, there HAS to be something.. Good luck to you
hugs.gif
decisions like these are tough ones!

if he where my roo I would ask for plenty of advice from people on here and then fix it myself. even if that ment cutting, rebreaking the toe and stitches. there just is not room in my familys budget for 200+ dollars to fix a 10 dollar bird.

It looks like he started walking on it which caused the swelling, which embedded the toe. If it were me (once I gathered opinions of experts - which I'm not
tongue.png
), I would try lancing the swollen bump which looks to me to be infected? and see if I could straighten the toe llittle by little. When I was a baby I wore a brace to bend my legs out again (I was severely pigeon toed). Perhaps that would work if you could build some sort of splint that turned it back gradually? (easy for me to say, right?)

I wish you and your roo all the best....
hugs.gif

I talked it over with my hubby-a animal lover too- and we decided to put him down. I
want to thank you all for helping. This is the part I hate the most.
sad.png

I wish I had been more prepared for the really hard parts of raising chickens. You made the right decision for you and your boy... it still doesn't make it any easier.
hugs.gif

I couldnt do it....just couldnt let it happen to this sweet little dude.... Hubby said okay.
I will be calling the vet on monday to set the surgury date. I am soo glad!
Jake is sooooo sweet .I pray that all goes well!

Back
Top Bottom