what should I do

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by QuinnP, Jun 7, 2011.

1. QuinnP

QuinnP Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 26, 2010
    Oregon
    with all of Arlo's stuff? I had two 25 pound bags of chicken food, & lots of suet, oatmeal & treats. I cant bring myself to look into the cupboard right now & see his ood. I'm thinking of donating it to $-H in hisi memory. Advice?

2. ChicwannaB

ChicwannaB Chillin' With My Peeps

May 22, 2011
    Munger, MICHIGAN
    Quote:Sorry, I don't know you. Who's is (was) Arlo? An animal, or a spouse? 4-H donation sounds like a really good plan. COndolences.

3. ChicwannaB

ChicwannaB Chillin' With My Peeps

May 22, 2011
    Munger, MICHIGAN
    Quote:Sorry, I don't know you. Who's is (was) Arlo? An animal, or a spouse? 4-H donation sounds like a really good plan. COndolences.

I forgot to SUBSCRIBE so I can get answers.

4. Firefighter Chick

Firefighter Chick Chillin' With My Peeps

May 8, 2011
    Southeast Minnesota
    may i suggest a chicken rescue...or adopting another needy fluffy bum.

5. easttxchick

easttxchick Lone Star Call Ducks

Aug 3, 2009
    I agree, maybe get you another baby to love. Not that the new one will take Arlo's place, but you would come to love it as well.
    So sorry for your loss. [​IMG]

6. QuinnP

QuinnP Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 26, 2010
    Oregon
    why do all my babies die?

7. Firefighter Chick

Firefighter Chick Chillin' With My Peeps

May 8, 2011
    Southeast Minnesota
    i'm sorry that he passed. things will get better day by day. keep your chin up.

8. Dowie

Dowie Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 29, 2011
    What we love is sometimes taken away - it's so hard. All we can do is find hope eventually in new life and new love. It will take a long time I know. You sound so profoundly and deeply affected you poor thing. [​IMG] He must have been a very special companion for you. Just remember, there are other little fluff bums out there too, maybe keep the food knowing you will help another sweet animal out, just like you did Arlo.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by