What should your eggs look like at day 21 if candeled????

-Mr.HenryRooster

In the Brooder
9 Years
Sep 27, 2010
OK.... i know i know...i should not open during lockdown but it is now day 21 Magic time and no movement no peeping temp is 100 and hum 70% have done everthing right. No bounceing temps been pretty steady 99-100 temp and hum 50-55 untel the last three days..i am new to hatching and have learned almost 90% of what i know buy learning from the BYC community.You guys and Gals have been great.
smile.png
and now i will return to my Hatching anonymous Meeting hahaha:D yes its my first hatch and i am hooked

At day 21, if they're ready to hatch, you should notice that they've dried up inside, and there's no liquid - Their air sack has let their embryotic mass cave in, and the veiny skin around it press tight against the shell just at the border of the air-cell and chick's area.

Otherwise, if it is not ready, you'll see that there's still liquid or a lot of movement in there.

Thank you so much for a speedy reply.. I see exactly what you are talking about looks like another day of waiting .I see alittle bit of fluid on the small end of the egg. Maby i wasnt on the ball like i thought

Illa So you saying that the air sack will no longer be clear ? So the chick will protrude threw the airsack that once was clear? Thank you in advance
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom