What Size Block for Tennessee Waltz Quilt? **Completed!**

I used to shop JoAnn when I lived back toward Atlanta. We don't have nice big fabric shops up here like that. I'd shop in the store if I had one, it's just their online shipping is really sorry.

Quote:
My goodness, how smart is that! I'm always asked if I want the last 1/4 yard or so at a discount. I never thought to plan out the purchase. I guess I learn something new every day!
th.gif

Quote:
My goodness, how smart is that! I'm always asked if I want the last 1/4 yard or so at a discount. I never thought to plan out the purchase. I guess I learn something new every day!
th.gif

I've always shopped like that. I measure it first from shoulder to hand like my mother used to do, and I order the minimum needed to leave just under a yard (which is the requirement for remnant price). when fabric costs almost $10.00/yd you have to think a little wiser to be able to afford purchases.

Quote:
lau.gif

I feel really bad about all your troubles, but that was so funny I had to read it to my husband. He's always interested in your latest quilt. This one is looking good already and shaping up to be a beauty. I hate ordering from JoAnn's. It always takes a couple of weeks to get here, too. I hope you get your fabric soon.
hugs.gif

Quote:
lau.gif

I feel really bad about all your troubles, but that was so funny I had to read it to my husband. He's always interested in your latest quilt. This one is looking good already and shaping up to be a beauty. I hate ordering from JoAnn's. It always takes a couple of weeks to get here, too. I hope you get your fabric soon.
hugs.gif

Thank you. I love that your husband is interested in my quilts! That's so cool! I really hope my package gets here tomorrow--there are some blues in there I can use in this current project.

Finally got my JoAnn order. Ordered it on the 9th and someone left it on my gate late this afternoon. Good thing I noticed it out there before it was buried under snow or soaked in the rain.

Anyway, here is where I am now:

348_dscn0637.jpg

Your beauty is really coming along quickly!
A 4 to 6 inch border would be beautiful. Are you thinking a border in the gold or tan like the accent squares or a color to coordinate with the backing?

Glad you are finding good luck with Thousands of Bolts. I'll give you some buying tips when they do their end of bolt sale. If there are 2 yard and 30 inches on the bolt and you order two yards, they give you the 30 inches FREE! I've learned to filter their materials with their low quantity menu and order that way. Gpldenluver would love that sale...she might even order on line!

I haven't given too much thought to the color of the border or the backing yet, Kathryn. I think a gold or tan would be really nice, though. Once I have all the star blocks done, I'm going to arrange them so there aren't too many similar 4 patches together-I want to spread out the colors some so there aren't a bunch of beige/gold corners together, if you know what I mean. Then, I'll hunt down the border material. I do have some nice gold blender fabric I just bought at Walmart so that could work.

I do love Thousands of Bolts! They're having a great sale right now and I'm trying not to buy anything, LOL. Here is a closer-up pic of the gold/brown fabric I'm using. Turns out that it is the same fabric I already have in blue, but I didn't realize it at the time. I love it, both in blue and gold/brown.

348_dscn0638.jpg

I'm partial to anything with paisley too! Love the little touches of blue in the gold print.
I'm resisting ordering too. I popped into Hancock's Tuesday in a town further from home and they were having a 40 - 60% sale. Had to have this and had to have that.....

I'm so jealous of you folks with JoAnn and Hancock and even Hobby Lobby stores nearby! Good thing that TofB's is a great online source.

BTW, I love the looks of this block combination and I do plan to do another with the 12" size from the pattern you sent me, Kathryn. The snowball ones come together so fast, it seems to make up for the sections with the star points in them. Those I have to be so careful with.

Back
Top Bottom