What size eggs do EE's lay?

NicInNC

Crowing
15 Years
Jun 23, 2008
North Carolina
I'm trying to figure out who's laying since we are getting more eggs than usual now. I discovered that my Polish is laying large white eggs and my silkie is laying small brown eggs. My banties also lay small brown eggs.

What size are EE eggs usually? My EE's are bigger than my Polish, so I would think that they'll eventually lay eggs the same size as her (I can't imagine them bigger because my Polish lays eggs that are the same size....sometimes bigger...than "large" grocery store eggs0.

I have two EEs that are laying and I would say they lay about a large size egg. I have four pullets that I am waiting on to lay any day now, too.

Quote:
That's what I thought. I have never seen them in the nesting boxes and I've looked all over to see if they're possibly laying anywhere else. I guess they're just not laying yet. I wish they'd hurry up!!!! They're 5 months old already.

One of my EE's finally laid her first egg today!!! I'm bummed that it was brown, but excited because it was HUGE! It's the biggest egg I've gotten from any of my chickens so far!

Cross your fingers that my other EE may lay a green or blue. I was so hoping for that color.

Just took pics of my RIR, BR, and EE eggs today. Two of my EE's lay large-xlarge beautiful green eggs.
37252_chickens_022.jpg

Wow, such awesome eggs. My EE's girls just started laying and they are golf ball size and smaller. Will there eggs bigger or is what i see is what i get? The other eggs are store bought.

23509_dsc02823.jpg

At present, one of my EE's is laying eggs as large as my black sex link... and they are LARGE....I'm amazed that something so big can come out of such a little hen... she is half the size of my Black Star.

Back
Top Bottom