what size eggs do your EE and your Salmon Faverolles lay?

I don't weigh my eggs yet, but will once I get the chance.

But, I have one EE, who lays extra large, & colossal eggs. Some of her eggs are so large they barely fit in the egg cartons.

My other two EEs just lay large eggs.

I have two Easter Eggers and their first eggs were 45 and 49 grams. Both are laying 60-65 gram eggs currently. I noticed a big jump in the size of their eggs this fall. My hens are fifteen months old.
I agree that the eggs you are getting are small, but I will bet they are cute!
yes they are TINY but oh so cute!! LOL hers today was a tad bigger at 41g. hahaa. so maybe on her way but don't see them getting the size of yours even after a while with hers starting so small!

I don't weigh my eggs yet, but will once I get the chance.

But, I have one EE, who lays extra large, & colossal eggs. Some of her eggs are so large they barely fit in the egg cartons.

My other two EEs just lay large eggs.
wow!!!!!!!!! I think I could probably fit 2 of mine in one egg slot if I wasn't worried about them breaking they are so tiny. LOL hopefully they get a bit bigger. I would even be happy with medium. This extra small is going to take a few to even feed 1 person. LOL

I agree with Lexi. I have an EE, and she layed small small eggs up until about a month ago, and she is 15 months old. So, my guess is about 15 months there is a noticeable increase in size.
Ok thanks. Since mine is just over 5 mo old I won't worry much about it. Guess we will see what next year brings for her. :)

They will start out laying smaller eggs and they will gradually get a little bigger. For the Faverolles, they will be a medium/large size but not the biggest egg layers there are.
Thanks. both of my girls (the EE and SF) are both teeny tiny right now at around 39-41g. Heck a med/large egg would be good even if it takes a while to build up to it. I read they both laid about med and knew they start out smaller but was expecting a bit bigger each day or even each week and they have been pretty steady after the first one so wasn't sure if it would still change over time.

from what I have found Peewee size is under 42g (so mine lay peewee right now not even small. LOL) small is 42-49g, med 49-56 (this would be nice even), large 56-63g. so as you can see mine are REALLY tiny! haahaa

Thanks. at least it is good to know that others do so I don't sit and wait for mine to get bigger to then have it not happen. I can just be surprised if it does. hahaaa.

Did your EE start out laying bigger or did it take months for them to get bigger?
All my pullets start off with smaller eggs but most of them gradually get larger over weeks and months (other than my above mentioned Faverolles). But I wouldn't say I've seen a sudden surge in size... the eggs gradually get a bit larger during the first year of laying, then after molt and they start up laying again, that's when you should see the eggs hit full size, whatever that might be for that particular bird.

It's funny that some of my narrow birds lay the biggest eggs, and the wider birds lay smaller eggs.

Back
Top Bottom