What snacks DON'T or chickens like???

They won't eat broccoli, and they'll only eat the seeds out of a pumpkin (the goats take care of the rest thankfully!
smile.png
). I'm surprised to hear about chickens who don't like cabbage! I keep one hanging in their coop often, though these days the 12 of them can take out a HUGE cabbage in less than 8 hours.

And my girls (and boys) go berserk over red grapes. Completely nutso. And it's awesome.
big_smile.png

Mine love grapes as well. In fact they love just about all fruits EXCEPT bananas. They might try a mouthful of banana, and then they try to wipe it off their beaks. Too funny.

They won't eat whole raspberries - go figure! They all watch the RIR who is Top Chook and if she eats something, they all will. And she loves her food! I think she got put off her first raspberry experience as a friend threw it to her ("Purlease place it nicely in the bowl!"). She picked it up and dropped it. That was it, game over, none of them will eat them whole. If I have a few raspberries that are a bit manky, I crush them into their breakfast mash - and they eat them that way. I hate waste.

They love yoghurt, meat, fish, tomatoes, celery, rice, bread and anything else I've ever given them. I keep grated zucchini and carrot and apple sauce all frozen for them - they love it on a really hot summer's day.

Mine l-o-v-e cabbage! I think the absolute FAVORITE treat is raisins! When they see the canister- CHARGE! They go nuts!

My girls and 2 ducks love mini corn bread muffins! They also love waffles and blueberry pancakes, mixed greens, broccoli, peas ( a duck favorite), pomegranates, grapes, squash, oatmeal, and
the gingerbread with yogurt/corn meal frosting I made them for Christmas! I have very happy spoiled girls!

Mine won't eat citrus fruits, carrots (cooked or uncooked), corn or anything chocolate, like cake or muffins, okra (they will eat the seeds).

Mine won't eat way too many things. Strawberries, raspberries, cabbage, carrots, apples, cukes, scallops, broccoli, zuchinni, beets, peppers, celery.

But, they love - blueberries, romaine and iceburg lettuce, yogurt, pumpkin seeds, bread, tomatoes (especially cherries), grapes, rice, pasta, hamburg, cottage cheese, worms (earth and mealies), melon (especially the seeds but take it right down to the rind), cheese.

Back
Top Bottom