What snake type is this?

cherrynberry

🍒❤️🐓🐐🐕🐖🐈
Aug 2, 2020
California
I saw this snake going into the coop! What a scare! None of the chickens seemed scared nor seemed to notice it. Here is the snake. What type of snake is it?

Attachments

• D2C48643-117B-420C-8C3B-0C444EF24731.jpeg
    D2C48643-117B-420C-8C3B-0C444EF24731.jpeg
    655.7 KB · Views: 34
He was worried it would come back...eat the chickens... also we aren’t experts so I did not know it was non venomous
I'm with you there! I don't know much about snakes, but if you ever need any help identifying them, I have a friend who will super happily do that! She will also relocate snakes if you are in central VA 😊

He was worried it would come back...eat the chickens... also we aren’t experts so I did not know it was non venomous

You might want to familiarize yourself with the snakes in your area so that you'll know the difference in the future. That's a colubrid, definitely not venomous, and good for helping to keep the rodent population down. :)

You might want to familiarize yourself with the snakes in your area so that you'll know the difference in the future. That's a colubrid, definitely not venomous, and good for helping to keep the rodent population down. :)
Don't believe I've seen anyone use proper terminology here. About had an aneurysm when I saw colubrid. :yesss:

Back
Top Bottom