What song Birds have you attracted?

Jay-Mar28

In the Brooder
8 Years
Mar 24, 2011
Ontario Canada
Through the winter that just past until present I have had a couple bird feeders set up right beside our family porch. So far the following birds have visited them Blue Jays, Cardinals, Black-capped Chickadees, Nuthatches both red breasted and white breasted, American Goldfinch, Pine saskins, downy wood pecker, juncos, Rose-breasted grosbeak and most recently an Indigo Bunting. We also had a few wild turkey hens this winter jump on our porch to reach the feeders.

I also have a couple house wrens nesting in two bird boxes and a wild wood duck in a box by the pond.

I live in southern Ontario and thought this would be a neat topic because everyone on this site is from all over the place so lets see what comes up.

I only use sun flower seeds on my high feeders and a mix blend for my close to the ground feeder. Also i keep a suet box filled.

Last edited:

michickenwrangler

To Finish Is To Win
11 Years
Jun 8, 2008
NE Michigan
Oh, jeez

Blue jays, chickadees, cardinals, rose-breasted grosbeaks, robins, juncos, flycatchers, cowbirds, grackles, red-wing blackbirds, white-throated sparrows, mourning doves, nuthatches, titmouse, goldfinches.

Non songbirds:

kingfishers, osprey, bald eagles, great blue herons, wood ducks, mallard ducks (we have a pond), red-tailed hawks, crows, ravens, ruffed grouse, pheasants, turkeys, some kind of owl, vultures and about 4 or 5 kinds of woodpeckers.

dela1991

Songster
9 Years
Apr 21, 2010
Delaware
I put out peanuts in the shell, shelled peanuts (splits), thistle, and a songbird seed mix. Suet in the winter. I see alot of the same birds that you seeing. I also get a blue grosbeak in the spring, just passing through. I get alot of cow birds, gold, purple and house finches, downy and red bellied woodpeckers, the occasional pileated woodpecker, flickers, nuthatches, bluebirds, martins, swallows, wild turkeys, blue jays, crows. I see many hawks, mostly redshouldered, checking out the birds at my feeders. We see a lot of bald eagle activity, mostly in the colder months. I hear owls but the only one I have seen lately was dead on our road. A red-phase screech owl. The hummingbird sightings this year have been few and far between. I saw my first on April 18th. Soon after, I had four at once at the feeders so I figured we were on our way to a good hummingbird year. Then they all but disappeared. I don't know what is going on. I am using the same recipe as I have for years. Same feeders. I change out the nectar daily. Hopefully things will pick up. I could talk about birds all day. I really enjoy watching them.

Gardengirl 2011

Songster
8 Years
Mar 3, 2011
Central Florida
Cardinals, nuthatch, titmice, wrens, chickadee's, blue birds, hummingbirds, flycatcher, hairy (or downy) woodpecker, house finches, and the crows have never left for the past couple years here. I have also heard an occasional owl or two.

Ihave several feeders out. Black oil sunflower seed, safflower seed, nectar, a nut/fruit mix, and bark butter (I call this "bird crack!) from Wild Birds Unlimited.

PepsNick

Back to Business
9 Years
May 9, 2010
Egglanta, GA
We are surrounded with beautiful tall trees. There are birsa all around us that sing in the morning and I love that. However I don't put up feeders/baths/houses for them as I don't like wild birds around my chickens due to avian influenza, MG/MS etc carrying.

Top Bottom