What sort of combs are these?

Thanks. I really want the blue to be a pullet, but I keep changing my mind as to my opinion on these. I was convinced P was a girl but now she is getting more boyish, for example!

Do you still think girl for PG with this feather pattern? I think it will be red laced blue or blue laced red (whichever!) in the end, perhaps, if the wyandotte is the mother.
View attachment 2379613
do you have a full body pic including tail?

They were all very slow to get tails, like only at 6 weeks whereas their frizzle polish sister (hopefully) got her tail at about 1 week old.
20201019_214726.jpg
20201020_081623.jpg
20201019_161712.jpg

Do you still think girl for PG with this feather pattern? I think it will be red laced blue or blue laced red (whichever!) in the end, perhaps, if the wyandotte is the mother.
At 8 wks I go by comb color.
Have read that red shoulder patches always means male.
That bird is interesting...face muffs, crest like a CLB, and feathered feet.

A chicken will have a walnut comb if she has both rose comb and pea comb genes, so I’m told. The father certainly has a walnut comb, so his progeny are likely to have a mix of rose and pea combs, depending on what type of comb the mother has. My laying hens have strawberry and single combs while the cockerels have pea and cushion combs and I’m still trying to figure out the percentages.

At 8 wks I go by comb color.
Have read that red shoulder patches always means male.
That bird is interesting...face muffs, crest like a CLB, and feathered feet.
That is what I thought about when the patches appeared. Time will tell if they spread to the whole fuselage like its mother or stay on the wings. It has got a cute little crest coming in hasn't it! In the UK, our silkies are not as pouffy as yours, and crests don't mean poor vision thankfully, as they sweep back a bit more.

A chicken will have a walnut comb if she has both rose comb and pea comb genes, so I’m told. The father certainly has a walnut comb, so his progeny are likely to have a mix of rose and pea combs, depending on what type of comb the mother has. My laying hens have strawberry and single combs while the cockerels have pea and cushion combs and I’m still trying to figure out the percentages.

Its very confusing!!

Thanks. I really want the blue to be a pullet, but I keep changing my mind as to my opinion on these. I was convinced P was a girl but now she is getting more boyish, for example!

View attachment 2379613
Looks like a cockerel, I’m afraid.

Back
Top Bottom