What spider is that?

Pics
By the way, talking about mosquitos: I was working outside today and got swarmed by tiny mosquitos, just barely 3 millimeters long. Hundreds of them! I certainly got stung, but so far with no effect on my skin or me. Anybody knows what these are?
Gnats of some kind, perhaps? Sometimes, during the summer, tiny little bugs will come in through the windowscreen and bite me while I sleep.

I call them garden spiders. They are not poisonous. However they are large spiders and creepy!
I don’t know if anyone has said this yet but you would call a spider venomous not poisonous. The difference between a venomous and poisonous organism is actually how they transmit the toxin. When someone says venomous think, spider, wasp, snake, these animals transmit the venom through wounding or biting into another animal to pump it into you. With a poisonous animal it would transmit the poison through its skin or when you ingest it examples certain frogs, some mushrooms, etc. Just wanted to let everyone know!

Gnats of some kind, perhaps? Sometimes, during the summer, tiny little bugs will come in through the windowscreen and bite me while I sleep.
Nah, just looked up gnats and those things from today looked different. They really looked like a scaled down version of a mosquito. I will point my Google Lens at one tomorrow and see what it will say… :lau

It was in her bed and bit her, the bite infected and the infection kept eating her skin, it bit her on the calf, and they kept removing skin and muscle to try and get ahead of it.
That sounds terrible!
I can't say that I've really heard of infections that eat the skin... if you do not mind me asking, did the bite cause gangrene?

I don’t know if anyone has said this yet but you would call a spider venomous not poisonous. The difference between a venomous and poisonous organism is actually how they transmit the toxin. When someone says venomous think, spider, wasp, snake, these animals transmit the venom through wounding or biting into another animal to pump it into you. With a poisonous animal it would transmit the poison through its skin or when you ingest it examples certain frogs, some mushrooms, etc. Just wanted to let everyone know!
Absolutely correct! :thumbsup

Back
Top Bottom