What spider is that?

:th I hope we don't have anything remotely like that here in WV!!!
What kind of trantula is this?
You know, I really don't know the species of Tarantula this is, I'm in New Mexico up in the mountains at 7,000 feet. I have seen the same species down in the deserts too. We had a bumper crop of Tarantulas this year, 6 alone got in the dog run this past month! They average about 5 to 6 inches in diameter front to back leg. Giant spider!

My husband's grandmother had those tarantulas as pets out in the desert in California, *shudder*
Yeah they are pretty creepy! They can run pretty fast and can shoot tiny sharp barbs from their bodies, should a dog sniff at these spiders the barbs go right onto the eyes! Yikes!

You know, I really don't know the species of Tarantula this is, I'm in New Mexico up in the mountains at 7,000 feet. I have seen the same species down in the deserts too. We had a bumper crop of Tarantulas this year, 6 alone got in the dog run this past month! They average about 5 to 6 inches in diameter front to back leg. Giant spider!
Have you tried to grill them? - My colleagues from South-America tell me that BBQ'ed tarantulas are very popular there. ***shudder***

Back
Top Bottom