What spider is that?

Pics
I didn't know that there are so many ticks in SD!
I recently read that the killer bees are far less aggressive than they have been when they first invaded the US. Continuous hybridization with "ordinary" honey bees might have diluted the aggression genes to a point where they are less of a thread now. - But of course, a scientist can write a lot while sitting at a desk…
I agree with this statement!
How do we know that scientist are telling the truth

I bet you are right about the dilution theory. I sure hope so because terror strikes me when I hear a swarm coming my way! :barnie
I have never heart a killer-bee swarm in the real world, i was only a few times in Arizona and have driven only once through New Mexico, though we found a real gem in the mountains, named Cloudcroft...

I have never heart a killer-bee swarm in the real world, i was only a few times in Arizona and have driven only once through New Mexico, though we found a real gem in the mountains, named Cloudcroft...
Holy Crow, Cloudcroft?! I am in mountains north of there near Sierra Blanca, about 50 miles north of Cloudcroft. Oh how cool, youve been to Cloudcroft?! Its pretty up there, it really is a gem!! How long ago was it you were here?

Holy Crow, Cloudcroft?! I am in mountains north of there near Sierra Blanca, about 50 miles north of Cloudcroft. Oh how cool, youve been to Cloudcroft?! Its pretty up there, it really is a gem!! How long ago was it you were here?
My wife and i drove from Houston to Las Vegas in 2011. We spent two days in Carlsbad, visited the caverns had a look and lunch at Rosswell and then drove from Artesia to Alamogordo, all the way through those mountains. Cloudcroft really is a gem!
You're driving through a desert, drive through a narrow turn and suddenly everything is green around you. It looks like in the Alpine Foothills in Germany, Austria or Switzerland. But i guess you have a lot of snow during the winter?

My wife and i drove from Houston to Las Vegas in 2011. We spent two days in Carlsbad, visited the caverns had a look and lunch at Rosswell and then drove from Artesia to Alamogordo, all the way through those mountains. Cloudcroft really is a gem!
You're driving through a desert, drive through a narrow turn and suddenly everything is green around you. It looks like in the Alpine Foothills in Germany, Austria or Switzerland. But i guess you have a lot of snow during the winter?
Oooooooooh that sounds sooooooo Cooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool!

Oh how cool! Carlsbad Caverns is such an interesting cave to tour, we've been there several times. Yes this mountain chain is gorgeous, it sort of creeps up on you out of nowhere. You are driving through stark desert and all of a sudden it rises in altitude with lush green trees, pines, wildlife. We used to get 80+ inches of snow each winter season but the west has been in a severe drought for 15 years now and the total has dwindled to average 24 inches of snow, some years we only received 6 inches. Very sad, entire forests are or have died, burned, wildlife is disappearing. We are tinder box dry anymore. Anyway, glad you enjoyed New Mexico, you need to come back out this way soon!

Oh how cool! Carlsbad Caverns is such an interesting cave to tour, we've been there several times. Yes this mountain chain is gorgeous, it sort of creeps up on you out of nowhere. You are driving through stark desert and all of a sudden it rises in altitude with lush green trees, pines, wildlife. We used to get 80+ inches of snow each winter season but the west has been in a severe drought for 15 years now and the total has dwindled to average 24 inches of snow, some years we only received 6 inches. Very sad, entire forests are or have died, burned, wildlife is disappearing. We are tinder box dry anymore. Anyway, glad you enjoyed New Mexico, you need to come back out this way soon!
I always wanted to come back to Carlsberg, to spend one night in the caverns. They were offering that in 2011, but we were there at the wrong season. It was so *SILENT* down there! It must be an experience to sleep in such silence and total darkness. - Another reason why we moved from Houston to West Virginia: Here you can see the stars again.

I noticed this guy on the windowframe when I was cleaning my room yesterday:
DSC_7351.JPG
DSC_7354.JPG

No clue what he is, but he's cute.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom