What spider is that?

Pics
I had a run in with a brown snake outside the girls bathrooms at school last year. I almost tried on it, and a few weeks earlier I literally set my foot on a red belly black snake before I realised it was ther
Question: How are you alive??? I must learn your secrets! (Because the last time I ran into a big, bad, wild animal, I almost died. And I do not want to almost die again...)

Hmm...I agree that spiders and snakes are terrifying. And while I've run into a few bears and a cougar (mountain lion, panther, whatever you call it), they've never attacked me. On the other hand, coyotes are a different story...but I'm so glad I don't have poisonous snakes and spiders! Cougars, bears, coyotes...they're so easy to see. But a spider just sneaking up on me or a snake...*shudders*
Yes, I agree with @Starburst, I haven't been face to face with a bear (except in a zoo) or mountain lion/cougar, but we have had a coyote in our yard, but all he wanted was the pears, and I am okay with a snake, as long as they don't bite or are poisonous.

I had a run in with a brown snake outside the girls bathrooms at school last year. I almost tried on it, and a few weeks earlier I literally set my foot on a red belly black snake before I realised it was ther
I saw a huge black rat snake when I was taking the compost out a couple of weeks ago. The thing must have been eighteen inches long, at least.
I tried to catch it, but it got away.

A few weeks before that, though, we found this cute little Checkered Adder in the dining room:
DSC_7024.JPG

I saw a huge black rat snake when I was taking the compost out a couple of weeks ago. The thing must have been eighteen inches long, at least.
I tried to catch it, but it got away.

A few weeks before that, though, we found this cute little Checkered Adder in the dining room:
View attachment 2351279
You know, that snake is cute. :) I like snakes, so long they're not going to kill me.

You know, that snake is cute. :) I like snakes, so long they're not going to kill me.
He was! Sadly, I haven't seen him since we released him into the garden.
Little thing bit me when I was catching him. Not enough to draw blood, but enough that when I yanked my hand back, he went flying.

Hmm I can deal with snakes and spiders but not anything that can eat me!
Coyotes, wolves and bears do their best, for the most part, to avoid humans. They are rarely seen. And they are big, so if one is around, you DO see it! Unlike a spider, which can sneak up on you, or you can accidentally disturb it, and be bitten unawares.

Coyotes, wolves and bears do their best, for the most part, to avoid humans. They are rarely seen. And they are big, so if one is around, you DO see it! Unlike a spider, which can sneak up on you, or you can accidentally disturb it, and be bitten unawares.
Fair enough but I’d still prefer spiders and snakes.

Back
Top Bottom