What takes a chicken during the day and leaves no feathers or blood behind?

I would say maybe a hawk or eagle, my silkie was taken by a hawk and i didn't find any trace until about a week later when i found some feathers under a tree, not many, but some. Sorry for your loss
hugs.gif

***UPDATE***
Our missing hen came back after three days gone. We were so shocked. My daughter and I were literally in the process of finishing a Ukrainian Easter Egg from her last egg she laid when I looked out the kitchen window and saw her trying to get into the run with the other chickens. I have been leaving them in their run for protection from a suspected mysterious predator. She was hungry and thirsty and still hasn't laid an egg since she has returned. We still can't believe it. Then, our Wyandott hen, who is her best friend proceeded to chase her around the yard pecking at her. It was strange. At first my husband and I thought oh how cute, she's so glad to see her buddy back, but then she started to peck her. This went on for about 15 minutes or so and then they calmed down and started acting like they always did. We have no idea where this hen went for three days or why. Now I'm afraid to let them out of their run again.

Back
Top Bottom