What temp and humidity should my incubator be at to get a 90% hatch rate

jayke563

Chirping
May 21, 2015
Northern Massachusetts
I'm really new to hatching chickens and I only have 7 eggs in the incubator I candled them on day 7 and they looked perfect they were moving and doing fine but I gut want to get a 90% hatch rate because I only have 7 eggs and I use a home made incubator and if it gets to hot one day the incubator temp rises significantly higher and I just need to know what temp and what humitidy is good enough for a 90% hatch rate And I also have a second question if a chick is having trouble getting out of a egg can I take the chick out of the egg and help it get out? Thank u

Hi!
I don't think there's any way to guarantee a 90% hatch rate. I had a 80% in my Brinsa, who ive been told are one of the best incubators. I think the averages about 70%.
Your humidity should be at/around 40-45% until lockdown, which is day 19 of 21.
Your temp should be at 99-100° and you can lower it down to 97-98 for lockdown, whatever you prefer.

If the chick has externally pipped for 36 hours, I think you could assist it then. One of my duck eggs I had to assist because the membrane was super thick, causing it trouble. When it's made a little crakck that you can see, kind of a circular shape, that's when it's externally pipped (someone stopme if this is incorrect), and when it starts cracking from the circle crack is called zipping.

Hope this helps!

Hi!
I don't think there's any way to guarantee a 90% hatch rate. I had a 80% in my Brinsa, who ive been told are one of the best incubators. I think the averages about 70%.
Your temp should be at 99-100° and you can lower it down to 97-98 for lockdown, whatever you prefer.

If the chick has externally pipped for 36 hours, I think you could assist it then. One of my duck eggs I had to assist because the membrane was super thick, causing it trouble. When it's made a little crakck that you can see, kind of a circular shape, that's when it's externally pipped (someone stopme if this is incorrect), and when it starts cracking from the circle crack is called zipping.

Hope this helps!
Thank u !

Hi!

Hope this helps!
For still air it should be 101-102.
wink.png
When it starts to go around the egg is the zip.

Back
Top Bottom