What temp should I have a still-air foam incubator on for Guinea Hen and Banty eggs?

HeavensHens88

Remembering the Forgotten
6 Years
May 17, 2015
Almost Home
My Coop
My Coop
I just put some guinea hen eggs in my foam incubator three days ago and I set the incubator on 99.5 degrees farenheit, like the instructions suggested. It stays between 99.5 and 100 during the day and goes down to 99.4 at night. Is this an okay temp for guinea eggs? I am going to add bantam eggs in 4 days. Thank you for any advice.

I just put some guinea hen eggs in my foam incubator three days ago and I set the incubator on 99.5 degrees farenheit, like the instructions suggested. It stays between 99.5 and 100 during the day and goes down to 99.4 at night. Is this an okay temp for guinea eggs? I am going to add bantam eggs in 4 days. Thank you for any advice.

Your header say that your incubator is a still air one. You are using the temperatures that are suggested for a forced air incubator. For a still air incubator the recommended temperature is 100.5° to 101.5°F measured at the top of the eggs.

I have 6 guinea eggs in the incubator. They were due to hatch yesterday, and they all have externally pipped. My temp is good my humidity is good. The eggs were moving around and I could them. I thought I would wake up to all chicks hatched. But now they are quiet and nothing this am. Can anyone tell me if this normal? How long do they have from pip to hatching? I just thought they should be out by now!

Don't fret, your keets will be fine!! After the first pips, there WILL be resting periods up to 16 hours long! Think about it : a keep has been growing peacefully for four weeks and suddenly, it has to hatch. It's very hard work for the keet! P.S I aapologize for not responding sooner. I didn't check this post! Silly me!
Keep us posted on your hatch and good luck!

Back
Top Bottom