What the heck is a "GIANT YELLOW BUFF DIDDLE?"

happydog

Songster
10 Years
Nov 22, 2009
Western NC
There was an ad in the local paper under poultry that said:

GIANT YELLOW BUFF DIDDLES, $2. each.

So of course I had to call and ask him what the heck is a giant yellow buff diddle? I thought it was some kind of chicken hybrid like a Labradoodle. He talked for 20 minutes telling me about his chickens and how gorgeous they were (the color of sunshine, he says) and by the time I hung up my head was spinning. But I knew I had to have me some giant yellow buff diddles. (He'll have more hatching in a week!)

After googling a bit, I suspect that yellow buff is just country-speak for plain old buff orpingtons. Now I'm a bit bummed. I guess he just has big buff orpingtons? I still have no idea on earth what diddles are. I need a translator.

I recall someone in central oregon advertising yellow buffs a few years ago on craigslist, going on about how they were layers bred for several generations. I recall the pics were more like the body of a sex link, and I was never sure if the birds were sex linked or not.

You'll have to get some pics and show us.

I can only imagine they are the size of cars, made of sunbeams, with at least six legs and jingly antennae. You don't need a translator, you need an elephant crate!

...even if they end up only being about five pounds with two legs, photos are required. :D

Back
Top Bottom