1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

What the heck kind of chicken is this?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by sweeterdeeter42, May 10, 2011.

1. sweeterdeeter42

sweeterdeeter42 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 10, 2011
    Northern Illinois
    This chicken has been on here before, but it has changed so much each week, and no one had any real answers the last time. I am pretty sure that it is NOT a sebright. It has a completely different body type than the sebrights I had. This one is long and thin and holds its tail differently than the sebrights. And has a single comb. I have thought that it was a hen because its comb is small and it is not pink at all yet, but I think it looks like it might be getting longer saddle feathers. So that cancels out sebright as well. It is out of the assorted bantam bin at the feed store.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

ETA: Nothing wrong with its leg, it is always running away so it looks like it is holding it up.

Last edited: May 10, 2011
  2. Vedwards

Vedwards Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 13, 2010
    Corpus Christi, Texas
    Maybe Golden Lace Old English Bantam. Where do your feed store get them?

3. rebel-rousing-at-night

rebel-rousing-at-night Chillin' With My Peeps

I don't know what breed it is but it sure is pretty.

4. madamwlf

madamwlf Nevermore Acres

Aug 22, 2010
    Mount Airy, MD
    I would say Golden Sebright.

5. kera!

kera! Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 1, 2011
    Navajo County
    eventhough it doesnt have all the traights you talk about of a sea bright I really think it probably is.. may mixed OEGB, you know even at hatcheries roos:D get into other pins.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by