What the HECK was THAT?!? New pics on post #48 All in the brooder now!

Totally off topic, But are you in Sprague Wa? My hubby used to live there and if I remember correctly it's about 30 miles out of Spokane. And congrats on the hatch. My kiddo's science project is making an incubator so I'm sure that i'll be just as crazy in a month or so...

6!!! We now have SIX!! Six eggs pipping!!!
wee.gif

Well, this is what things looked like at 9:00 pm PST in my incubator:

0012.jpg

And then about 15 minutes after that:

0013.jpg

And then another 10 minutes after that.....Please join me in welcoming Eve to my little flock!
love.gif

0082.jpg

I have no idea what went into her makeup. I'm not even sure of which flock she came from. These eggs were a gift to me from a neighbor down the road who knew that I wanted to try my hand at hatching chicks. She has a total of 4 roosters for two flocks. It's a long story and I'll tell it another time. Right now, all I want to do is go glue my nose to the 'bator and watch for the others to come out. 18 and a half days! That thermometer must be off by more than I thought perhaps!
hu.gif

Sorry it took so long to get these pictures up and posted. Talking to a friend on the phone, while trying to take pictures and then fight with Photobucket on top of that...it took a while..that and I needed to get something to eat!!
lol.png

Hey Katy! (Mylittlezoo) Tag!! Yer it!!!
lau.gif
Who's a rotten egg now???
gig.gif

ETA: I now have one hatched and a total of 6 pipping. Just imagine what things might look like tomorrow!!! Maybe a 'bator full of fuzzy butts!
wee.gif

Ummm...make that 9 pips!!!
gig.gif

Last edited:
Quote:
Thanks Ed...and oh yes! I know he's telling me the truth when he says he can't hear them. Deaf as a post he is!
sad.png
And it's a shame really. It's such a sweet sound! Get your hands on a stethoscope first chance you get so that you'll be able to hear them too Ed. I wish I had thought to do that long before we got to this stage. I feel like Denny is really missing out here!

OMGosh!! ANOTHER PIP!!! That's 5 now!!!
wee.gif
celebrate.gif
woot.gif

CYNTHIA!!!!
barnie.gif
Why are they all pipping so soon??? Is this from an inaccurate thermometer and my temps are higher than I thought? How can this be??? Oh dear! Oh dear!! Oh dear!!!
fl.gif
Oh please Great Spirit!! Let this be perfectly normal!!
fl.gif

Hey, thanks for the suggestion of the stethoscope...got one already that I can use!
smile.png

Tell me the truth now, and be really, really, *really* honest with me.......(scroll down)
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
ARE YOU EXCITED YET????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
lau.gif

Quote:
Ohhhhh YOU!!! OK, you win!
smile.png
I'm so pleased for you!!
hugs.gif

I bet you're going to be watching chick TV allllll day!

Right. I'm going upstairs to wake my chicks up and see if I get any pips today.... I wanna play!

Back
Top Bottom