What the HECK was THAT?!? New pics on post #48 All in the brooder now!

pop.gif

Fuzzy Butts Fuzzy Butts
wee.gif

Serrin, that is a great hatch you have going. I had 2 EEs hatch night 19 and 1 EE and Athena hatch on day 21. They hatch when they want to gal.

Well, it's all done! They're all out!! I got every single one that went into lock down!! WOOOHOOO!!!!! 18, yes EIGHTEEN chicks total! Pictures! OMGosh! We have to have pictures of this, don't we??? OK, how about these?

First, this is the brooder area I set up in the bathtub of the new house. Since we're no where near ready to start using it, and it's the largest enclosed area I have at my disposal, I figured it would work perfect for a brooder. See what y'all think. This is before I put the wee ones in. For posterity ya know.
wink.png
It will never look this clean again I'm sure!
gig.gif

North end:
013.jpg

South end:
014.jpg

And now...ON TO THE FUZZY BUTTS!!!
celebrate.gif

039.jpg

040.jpg

036.jpg

Here's a close up of Eve. I figured that since she was the first to hatch and had to put up with the overcrowded conditions the longest, she should be the first to go into the brooder and maybe have a chance to race around for a bit without having to trip over anyone. So, what does she do? Has a snack and a nap of course!
roll.png
lol.png

015.jpg

I'm thinking this one just might be a pure BR. Cyn? What say you? BR? Cockerel as well perhaps?

You'll note that whatever breed/mutt this might be, they already have the fine art of "Stink Eye" down pat!
lol.png

033.jpg

Now on this last pic, I'm really hoping some of the more experienced hatchers out there can give me some kind of an idea of just what the heck happened with this one. S/he hatched out sometime in the middle of the night, after I went to bed. S/he is completely dry in this picture, but s/he dried all stiff and prickly. Was this a humidity issue? When I checked them first thing this morning, the humidity was still reading up around 70%. Temp was holding steady at 99.8 on one thermometer and at 100 even on the other. I'm concerned that this one is acting a bit lethargic compared to the others. Might this be due to being the last to hatch?
idunno.gif
Any thoughts y'all have to share, I'd really love to hear them. I'm so worried for this one.
fl.gif
fl.gif

023-1.jpg

So, there ya have it kids! 18 chicks from 18 eggs that went into lock down on Wednesday. I'M SO HAPPY!!!
wee.gif
Now if you'll excuse me, I need to go find a good battery charger online, since mine decided that last night would be the most opportune time to crap out on me!
rant.gif
After that, I shall be watching ChickTV for the rest of the day!
love.gif

Amy, I am wondering if the last one is perhaps a hedgehog cross? JK!!! They are adorable, and I love the little perch you put in the brooder- congrats on getting all 18!!!
yippiechickie.gif
bun.gif
wee.gif

Back
Top Bottom