What the heck.

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by lovesduckies, Nov 27, 2011.

1. lovesduckies

lovesduckies Bedroom Farm Inc.

Jan 11, 2010
    the ducky room
    Mt drake has being such a jerk!!! He's not molting anymore! Idk what his problem is but normally he's a perfect sweetie pie!! I cleaned his pool on Friday.... Well I tried.... I ended up having to sit on him with his bill closed because he was trying to attack my dad and I. He never does that!!! I let him go at one point and he bit me. Which hurts pretty good now. Gotta love muscovies and their awesome hook bills [​IMG] I don't get it. What's with his attitude?! Terrible twos? He just turned two in October.

2. duckyfromoz

duckyfromoz Quackaholic

Jan 11, 2010
    Australia
    HE MISSES YOU!!!!! I bet its something like that anyway- despite having some female company-you are the one who raised him and he is acting out by biting when he sees you partly because of hormones and party because of try to show dominance...but also as a way of say - " hey girl where you been... just because you are married now doesnt mean you can forget about me" [​IMG]

Monty is being a jerk at the moment too- but with the difference in seasons...we kind of expect that here this time of year.

3. newbyduckmom

newbyduckmom Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 18, 2011
    Snohomish County, WA
    Last edited: Nov 27, 2011
  4. lovesduckies

Jan 11, 2010
    the ducky room
    Lol. I know I miss him too. He's attacking my dad too when my dad feeds him. Maybe he doesn't like col weather. He was kinda a jerk last year too. Or maybe he's Australian and he's on the same clock as Monty lol.

Really? What is yours doing?

5. duckyfromoz

duckyfromoz Quackaholic

Jan 11, 2010
    Australia
    Monty is just doing the ankle attack. If we go out the door- he comes running from the back of the yard- but being such a big boy- thats about all he can handle and he slows down after that so we can get away from him. He wont attack anyone other that myself or Courtney though. He has been alot worse in previous years. A few days of carrying him around usually works to stop him.

6. lovesduckies

Jan 11, 2010
    the ducky room
    That's why I tried sitting on duckie!! Usually dominating him like that works ad then he will calm down. Idk what his problem is. I don't like when he is a butthead!!!!

7. duckyfromoz

duckyfromoz Quackaholic

Jan 11, 2010
    Australia
    Maybe you need your dad to do that too to really teach Duckie to behave. [​IMG] [​IMG]

Oh...and if you do manage to talk him into it...you have to take photos too!! [​IMG]

8. Kevin565

Kevin565 Chicken Obsessed Premium Member

Dec 22, 2009
    [​IMG]

9. m.kitchengirl

m.kitchengirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 4, 2011
    Maine
    My drake has recently become the Che Guevara of my backyard.
    He stands between my lady ducks and I and runs them ragged trying to keep away from the evil dictator who brings them warm water, peas, and dry straw through a foot of snow.
    He hasn't gotten aggressive, yet, but he is about to be charged for treason anyhow.

I tried to keep him a duck, and not a "pet" because I didn't want there to be any confusion about who was the top of our little totem pole, but he is definitely undermining my authority lately.
    It is making me reconsider the viability of a breeding program. I miss when my girls liked me & everyone behaved themselves.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by