What the Heck?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by OBXmom, May 31, 2012.

1. OBXmom

OBXmom Hatching

May 31, 2012
    OBX, NC, USA
    [​IMG]Any idea what breed these are? I am a total newbie at this, the store said they were all female, so I'm pretty sure that's right. I was thinking they were Buff Orpingtons when they were younger, but now I'm not so sure. Help me please!!

2. Buckhunter76

Buckhunter76 Songster

Apr 27, 2012
    Brown County Ohio
    I'd say there Stars/Red sex links definitely

3. aoxa

aoxa Crowing

Yep! They are Red Sex Links - so no worries about gender :)

4. Buckhunter76

Buckhunter76 Songster

Apr 27, 2012
    Brown County Ohio
  5. aoxa

aoxa Crowing

They are very friendly too in my experience! They love to stick their beak in your business :love

6. Pele

Pele Songster

Feb 25, 2011
    Boise
    Lol you arn't kidding! My favorite, Darla, loves to get onto my lap when we sit outside, and bawk up a storm at me. I imagine she's catching me up on the local gossip. Once she's done, she'll primly rearrange her feathers, and hop down to wander off.

My friend who has a whole slew of these girls has one in particular that will call to her from the porch until she comes out to cuddle the little lady. What a cutie. My friend does her chores with her little hen tucked under her arm, happily watching the other hens have to hoof it themselves.

7. aoxa

aoxa Crowing

:gig [​IMG] Yes - mine is the same way. She also likes to hog the camera. I'll have to show you what I mean :)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: